Cara Christine Pavalock
|Cara Christine Pavalock|
|Connecticut House of Representatives, District 77|
|January 7, 2015 - Present|
|January 3, 2017|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
Pavalock's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "The next generation will be saddled with massive debt and a diminished future unless we change our course in Hartford. As your Representative I will restore fiscal responsibility to our government and stop runaway spending by helping to create more jobs."
Unfunded State Mandates
- Excerpt: "I know it’s hard to understand how this issue affects our everyday lives. Essentially an Unfunded State Mandate occurs when the state government passes a law that requires our town to do something and doesn’t pay for it. The cost is passed onto the city and its taxpayers."
Liberties & Freedoms
- Excerpt: "I want to promote common sense laws that protect our right to bear arms, educate our children and empower us to make our own decisions regarding our lives."
- Excerpt: "The Governor claims to have a surplus despite having pothole ridden roads. As your Representative I want to increase public transportation through rail – No more buses to nowhere!"
Elections for the office of Connecticut House of Representatives consisted of a primary election on August 12, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 10, 2014. Incumbent Christopher A. Wright was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Cara Christine Pavalock was unopposed in the Republican primary. Pavalock defeated Wright in the general election.
|Connecticut House of Representatives District 77, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Cara Christine Pavalock||48.3%||3,778|
|Democratic||Christopher A. Wright||47.9%||3,747|
|Independent||Cara Christine Pavalock||3.9%||305|
Pavalock ran in the 2012 election for Florida House of Representatives District 98. Pavalock ran unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14, 2012, and was defeated by Katie Edwards (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Florida House of Representatives, District 98, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Cara Christine Pavalock||32.9%||22,240|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Cara+ Christine + Pavalock + Connecticut + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Connecticut General Assembly
- Connecticut House of Representatives
- Connecticut House Committees
- Connecticut state legislative districts
- Profile from the Connecticut House of Representatives
- Official campaign website
- Cara Christine Pavalock on LinkedIn
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- pavalockfor77.com, "Issues," accessed October 17, 2014
- Connecticut Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed July 15, 2014
- Connecticut Secretary of State, "Official primary and general election results," accessed November 26, 2014
- Florida Secretary of State Elections Division, "Candidate List," accessed June 14, 2012
Christopher Wright (D)
|Connecticut State House District 77
| Succeeded by|
State of Connecticut
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of the State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utility Control |