Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Virginia Senate District 31|
Merrick has worked in both the private sector and the non-profit area. She co-founded webMethods, an enterprise software company.
- See also: Virginia State Senate elections, 2011
|Virginia State Senate, District 31 General Election, 2011|
Merrick's campaign website lists the following issues:
- Jobs and the Economy
- Excerpt: "I believe in the virtue of businesses, from the small family business, to early stage start-ups, to mid-size and large companies. We need more elected public servants who celebrate the ingenuity and creativity of individuals who want to start and grow businesses."
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Excerpt: "As a an entrepreneur, I have always strived to do more with less, manage investors' money wisely and frugally, and maintain a balanced and sustainable budget. I will apply those same principles to taxpayers’ money and the state budget in Richmond."
- Transportation Solutions
- Excerpt: "Poor government oversight and planning have kept vital funds from our roads and transportation infrastructure. Too often the pet projects of career politicians receive funding while worthy projects that would relieve congestion languish on the drawing board."
- Improving Education
- Excerpt: "Improving education is critical to the economic vitality of the Commonwealth and the future of our children."
Merrick and her husband, Phillip, have two sons.