|U.S. House, Florida, District 18|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Florida House of Representatives District 83|
Domino unsuccessfully ran for the same seat in 2014. Carl Domino lost the general election on November 4, 2014.
He was also a Republican member of the Florida House of Representatives, representing the 83rd District from 2002-2010. He served as Majority Whip from 2004-2006. Domino ran in the 2012 election for Florida House of Representatives District 82.
Due to Florida term limits, Domino could not run for re-election in the Florida House of Representatives elections of 2010.
Domino currently works as an investment manager. He previously served as a Commander in the United States Naval Reserve, founded Northern Trust Value Investors, and worked as a Portfolio Analyst with the Decatur Income Fund, Delaware Management Company.
Domino is a member of the American Cancer Society Board, Chamber of Commerce of the Palm Beaches, Chairman of the Easter Seals Tournament, and member of the Economic Council, Florida State University Boosters, Florida State University Foundation, Kiwanis Club, and Knights of Columbus.
- Civil Justice & Courts Policy Committee (Chair)
- Criminal & Civil Justice Policy Council
- Economic Development Policy Committee
- Health Care Appropriations Committee
- Insurance, Business & Financial Affairs Policy Committee
Domino's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 91 - "Public Postsecondary Education: Creates study committee to investigate feasibility of, & process for, establishing research university"
- HB 145 - "Pub. Rec./DOH/Controlled Substances: Exempts from public records requirements information & records reported to DOH under electronic monitoring system for dispensing of certain controlled substances"
- HB 1099 - "Public Accountancy: Removes authority of Board of Accountancy or DBPR to require that applicants for licensure as CPAs pass examination pertaining to state laws & rules"
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
Domino did not provide answers to the Florida State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
Domino's campaign website included these excerpts of his issues:
—Carl Domino's campaign website, https://web.archive.org/web/2/https://web.archive.org/web/2/http://www.dominoforcongress.com/where_carl_stands
Florida's 18th Congressional District was a battleground district in 2014 due to the fact that the race had a very low margin of victory in the last election. Incumbent Patrick Murphy faced no challenger in the Democratic primary. In the Republican primary, Carl Domino triumphed over Calvin Turnquest, Alan Schlesinger, Beverly Joy Hires, Nick Robert Wukoson and Brian Lara. Murphy then defeated Domino in the general election on November 4, 2014.
|U.S. House, Florida District 18 General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Patrick Murphy Incumbent||59.8%||151,478|
|Source: Florida Division of Elections|
|U.S. House, Florida District 18 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Source: Florida Division of Elections|
- See also: Florida State Senate elections, 2010
Domino ran in the 2010 election for District 25 of the Florida State Senate. He was defeated by Ellyn Bogdanoff in the August 24 Republican primary. Bogdanoff went on to win the general election, which was held on November 2, 2010.
|Florida State Senate, District 25 Republican Primary, 2012|
On November 4, 2008, Domino won re-election to the Florida House of Representatives from Florida's 83rd District, defeating Bryan Miller (D). Domino received 44,283 votes in the election while Miller received 40,815 votes. Domino raised $321,033 for his campaign; Miller raised $353,257.
|Florida House of Representatives, District 83|
|Carl Domino (R)||44,283||52.0%|
|Bryan Miller (D)||40,815||48.0%|
|Carl Domino (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|October Quarterly||October 16, 2013||$0.00||$190,961.63||$(28,891.99)||$162,069.64|
|Year End||January 31, 2014||$162,069||$205,503||$(93,439)||$274,133|
|April Quarterly||April 15, 2014||$274,133||$181,840||$(68,300)||$387,672|
|July Quarterly||July 15, 2014||$387,672||$27,804||$(126,170)||$289,306|
|Pre-Primary||August 14, 2014||$289,306||$10,240||$(109,573)||$189,972|
|October Quarterly||October 15, 2014||$189,972||$404,155||$(509,537)||$84,589|
|Pre-General||October 23, 2014||$84,589||$240,050||$(218,872)||$105,767|
Below are Domino's top five campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|FL Republican Party||$78,584|
|Carl J Domino||$2,094|
|FL Chamber of Commerce||$2,000|
|FL Assoc of Insurance Agents||$2,000|
- United States congressional delegations from Florida
- United States House of Representatives
- Florida's 18th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Florida's 18th Congressional District
- Florida House of Representatives - Rep. Carl Domino
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2000
- Carl Domino on LinkedIn
- Campaign website
- Facebook page
- Palm Beach Post, "Republican Carl Domino says he’s running again for Patrick Murphy’s House seat," May 5, 2015
- Post on Politics, "Former GOP state Rep. Carl Domino says he’s running for Murphy’s congressional seat," accessed July 10, 2013
- Florida Department of Elections, "List of 2010 state legislative candidates in Florida," November 2, 2010
- Project Vote Smart, "Rep. Domino Biography," accessed October 10, 2013
- Project Vote Smart, "Rep. Domino Issues," accessed October 10, 2013
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Associated Press, "Primary Results 2014," accessed August 26, 2014
- The Huffington Post, "Election 2014," November 4, 2014
- Florida Secretary of State Elections Division, "Candidate List," accessed June 14, 2012
- Florida Department of Elections, "Florida House Official Election Results," November 4, 2008
- Follow the Money, "District 83 Florida House candidate funds," accessed September 2, 2008
- Federal Election Commission, "Carl Domino 2014 Summary reports," accessed November 4, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "October Quarterly," accessed November 4, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "Year End Report," accessed February 24, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "April Quarterly," accessed April 28, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Carl Domino July Quarterly," accessed September 30, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Carl Domino Pre-Primary," accessed September 30, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Carl Domino October Quarterly," accessed October 22, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Carl Domino Pre-General," accessed November 24, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2008 Campaign contributions," accessed September 12, 2010
|Florida House of Representatives District 83
| Succeeded by|
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |