|Mississippi State Senate District 8|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
May 7, 2011
On May 7, 2011, Gordon passed away after a year-long battle with brain cancer. On March 6, 2010, Gordon suffered several seizures and was hospitalized in critical condition. He was released six days later and stated that he would continue most of his normal working routines. Gordon was 66, and is survived by his wife Martha.
Gordon served in the Mississippi State House of Representatives from 1972 to 1980. He served in the Mississippi State Senate from 1980 to 1992 and again from 1996 to the present. He represented the 8th District.
Gordon was the Owner of Tupelo Oil and Polyfoam Manufacturing.
Gordon earned his B.S. from Mississippi State University.
In the 2010-2011 legislative session, Gordon was appointed to these committees:
- Appropriations Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Environment Prot, Cons and Water Res Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Fees, Salaries and Administration Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Judiciary, Division A Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Legislative Budget Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Local and Private Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Oil, Gas and Other Minerals Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Public Property Committee, Mississippi Senate
Carl Gordon raised $133,800 for his campaign.
|Mississippi Senate, District 8|
|Carl Gordon (D)||12,891||100%|
In 2009 Carl Gordon collected $13,500 in donations.
His six largest contributors in 2009 were:
|A&A Tupelo Inc. DBA Globe Distributing||$1,000|
|Capitol Advocacy Group||$1,000|
|Vision Research Corp.||$1,000|
|Mississippi Independent Pharmacies Association||$1,000|
Gordon is survived by his wife Martha.
- Mississippi Senate Page (dead link)
- Legislative profile on Project Vote Smart
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 1999
- Fox News, Longtime Mississippi State Senator Jack Gordon Dies at 66, 7 May 2011
- Clarion Ledger, "Senator's condition upgraded," March 8, 2010
- Mississippi State Senate official election results for 2007
- Follow the Money's report on Gordon's 2007 campaign contributions
- 2009 contributors to Carl Gordon
|Mississippi State Senate District 8
1996–May 7, 2011
| Succeeded by|