|Pennsylvania State House District 69|
|2009 - Present|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Frostburg State University, 2004|
|J.D.||Duquesne University School of Law, 2007|
|Place of birth||Somerset, PA|
Metzgar earned his BS in Political Science/Justice Studies from Frostburg State University in 2004. He went on to receive his JD from Duquesne University School of Law in 2007. After earning his law degree, Metzgar began working as an attorney. He currently works for The Law Offices of Metzgar and Thatcher, Limited Liability Company.
Metzgar joined the Pennsylvania House of Representatives in 2009. He has served in that position since, representing the 69th District.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Metzgar served on the following committees:
|Pennsylvania Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Consumer Affairs|
|• Environmental Resources & Energy|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Metzgar served on these committees:
|Pennsylvania Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Environmental Resources & Energy|
|• Tourism & Recreational Development|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Metzgar served on these committees:
|Pennsylvania Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Agriculture & Rural Affairs|
|• Children & Youth|
|• Intergovernmental Affairs|
Metzgar ran in the 2012 election for Pennsylvania House District 69. Metzgar ran unchallenged in the April 24 primary and was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 69, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Carl Metzgar Incumbent||100%||24,145|
Metzgar won re-election to the 69th District Seat in 2010. He had no primary opposition and was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 2, 2010.
|Pennsylvania State House, District 69|
|Carl Metzgar (R)||18,252||100.0%|
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 69|
|Carl Walker Metzgar (R)||17,340||68.1%|
|Ken Warnick (D)||8,127||31.9%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Metzgar received $26,250 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Carl Metzgar's campaign in 2010|
|Somerset County Leadership Fund||$2,000|
|Pennsylvania Bar Association||$750|
|Fieg, Scott E||$678|
|Total Raised in 2010||$26,250|
Metzgar is single.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Carl + Metzgar + Pennsylvania + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Metzgar joins call for Pennsylvania commissioning of USS Somerset - Daily American Online
- USS Somerset coming to Philadelphia for commissioning ceremony - Daily American Online
- New districts create disputes - Altoona Mirror
- Footage from the farm - Daily American Online
- Right location - Daily American Online
- Pa. House passes bill to eliminate 'death tax' - York Dispatch
- Senate to consider gas tax increase - Daily American Online
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Carl Metzgar's personal website
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives - Rep. Metzgar
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- ↑ Pennsylvania Department of State, Official Primary Results
- ↑ Pennsylvania Department of State, "2012 Primary Candidate List In Ballot Order," March 26, 2012
- ↑ 2010 general election results from the Pennsylvania Secretary of State's office
- ↑ Official 2008 state house election results from the Pennsylvania Department of State
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2010 donations
|Pennsylvania House Of Representatives District 69
| Succeeded by|
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |
Right to Know Law | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |