|Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 58|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Elections for the office of Rhode Island House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place September 9, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 25, 2014. Carlos Tobon defeated Joseph Clark in the Democratic primary. Jonathan Vallecilla is running as an Independent candidate. Tobon and Vallecilla will face off in the general election.
Tobon ran in District 58 and lost in the Democratic primary on September 11 to incumbent William San Bento, Jr.. San Bento won by a single vote, 544-543.After multiple machine recounts, Tobon requested that the Rhode Island Supreme Court order a manual recount, which it denied on October 5, 2012.
|Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 58 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|William San Bento, Jr. Incumbent||50%||544|
In order to increase employment, Tobon proposes increased job training and adult education, access to information regarding federal programs for small businesses, and further exploration of renewable energy sources. He opposes increased property taxes.
Tobon was a Democratic candidate for District 58 of the Rhode Island House of Representatives. He ran against George Hovarth in the 2010 primary. They both were defeated by William San Bento, Jr..
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Carlos + Tobon + Rhode + Island + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Rhode Island House of Representatives
- Rhode Island House of Representatives District 58
- Rhode Island House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Rhode Island General Assembly
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Profile from Follow the Money
- Carlos Tobon on Facebook
- Carlos Tobon on Twitter
- Carlos Tobon on YouTube
- Rhode Island Secretary of State, "Candidates for Representative in General Assembly," accessed June 30, 2014
- Abc6.com, "RI Supreme Court urged to order election recount," accessed October 3, 2012
- Candidates in Upcoming Elections, "Rhode Island Secretary of State," accessed July 9, 2012
- Boston Globe, "Voters favor challengers in statehouse contests," September 12, 2012
- WJAR, "State Supreme Court denies recount in close race," October 5, 2012. Retrieved October 5, 2012
- Carlostobon.com, "Issues," accessed August 21, 2012
- Rhode Island Board of Elections 2010 primary results