Carlyann "Carr" Ackermann
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Vermont House of Representatives Bennington 5|
Carlyann has a B.A. in Business Administration, a B.A. in Religious Studies, a Certificate in Paralegal Studies, and additional education in conflict resolution, negotiation techniques, auditing government agencies and investigative interviewing.
She is the co-owner of Ackermann & Company Antiques in East Arlington, Vermont. Additional career experience includes working in New York as a State Department of Public Service Operations, and 15 years of experience as a Quality Control Inspector and Quality Assurance Auditor at 5 nuclear power plants.
Carlyann's political background includes working as the director of the Second Amendment Research Group, and as a lobbyist for Second Amendment civil liberties. She has been active in feminist causes and served as the co-chair of an affirmative action committee. She was a delegate for the League of Women Voter's to a United Nations Peace Conference, and has worked on a variety of political campaigns.
Ackermann was a 2010 candidate for the Bennington 5 seat in the Vermont House of Representatives. Having no primary opposition, she was defeated by incumbent Cynthia Browning (D) in the November 2 general election.
- Hospice volunteer with Southwestern Visiting Nurses Association, Bennington, Vermont.
- Martha Canfield Library-Clerk, Arlington, Vermont.
- Religious Education Teacher, Holy Spirit Church East Greenbush, New York.
- St Margaret Mary’s, Arlington, Vermont
- Involved with special needs children in southern California.
- Bennington Chamber of Commerce
- Life Member of the NRA
- Elks Lodge 2073
- Second Amendment Foundation
- Trout Unlimited (Former member)
- League of Women Voters of Renesslaer County, NY (Former member)
- Past President, Sodality , St. Margaret Mary Church
- American National Standards institute (Former member)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (Former member)
- American Welding Society (Former member)
- New York Rifle and Pistol Association (Former member)
- Second Amendment Research Group (Former member)
Ackermann is married and has two children. Her daughter, Patricia Ann Cline, is a teacher and sergeant 1st Class in the Utah National Guard. Her son, Marc Allen Johnson, is a forensic computer specialist.