For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Pennsylvania Secretary of State|
|April 26, 2011 - Present|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed||January 18, 2011|
|Appointed by||Gov. Tom Corbett (R)|
|Chester County Board of Commissioners|
|Chester County Controller|
- 1 Biography
- 2 Political career
- 3 Appointments
- 4 Personal
- 5 Recent news
- 6 See also
- 7 Contact information
- 8 External links
- 9 References
As Secretary, Aichele leads the Department of State and serves as Chief Election Official.
Prior to joining the Corbett administration, Aichele served two consecutive terms as a member of the three-member Board of Commissioners in Chester County starting in November 2003. She made a bid for the Republican nomination for lieutenant governor in 2010, but withdrew before the primary, saying her priority was to help Corbett win the gubernatorial race.
A former elementary and middle school teacher, Aichele entered politics in November 2003 when she was elected to the Chester County Board of Commissioners. Prior to that she served as controller of Chester County, becoming the first woman to hold the position.
Aichele has served in the other following roles:
- Board Member, Student Services, Inc. for West Chester University
- Executive Board Member, Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission
- Member, Air Force Academy Selection Board for the 7th Congressional District of Pennsylvania
- Member, Brandywine Health and Wellness Foundation
- Member, County Commissioners Association of Pennsylvania
- Member, Sustainability Advisory Board for the City of Philadelphia
- Member, Transportation Management Association of Chester County
- Bachelor's degree in economics, Cornell University
Secretary of the Commonwealth (2011-present)
Chester County Board of Commissioners (2004–2011)
Aichele was first elected to the Chester County Board of commissioners in November 2003 and re-elected in November 2007.
Chester County Controller (1998-2004)
Aichele was the first woman to serve as Controller of Chester County.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Carol + Aichele + Pennsylvania + Secretary"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Pennsylvania Secretary of State Office
302 North Office Building
Harrisburg, PA 17120
Phone: (717) 787-6458
Fax: (717) 787-1734
- The Mercury, "Both Chesco commissioner, husband to take on roles in Corbett's cabinet" 12 Jan. 2011
- Pennsylvania Department of State, " Secretary of the Commonwealth," accessed January 18, 2013
- Philly.com, "Corbett names Chesco's Aichele to cabinet post," January 10, 2011
- Mainline Media News, "Aichele ends bid for lieutenant governor," February 17, 2010
- Our Campaigns, "Aichele, Carol," accessed July 23, 2013
|Pennsylvania Secretary of State
2011 - present
| Succeeded by|