Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New York State Senate District 8|
- See also: New York State Senate elections, 2012
Gordon ran in the 2012 election for New York State Senate District 8. She ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on September 13, 2012 and was defeated by incumbent Charles Fuschillo (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|New York State Senate, District 8, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Charles Fuschillo Incumbent||59.2%||68,677|
- See also: New York State Senate elections, 2010
Gordon was a 2010 Democratic candidate for District 8 of the New York State Senate. She was uncontested in the September 14 Democratic primary. Gordon was defeated by incumbent Charles Fuschillo (R) in the general election on November 2.
Gordon's tagline is "Empowerment through Education and Information." She lists "the economy, property taxes, the outsourcing of jobs and resources, eco-friendly development, and violence in homes, schools, and on our streets" as issues to find solutions for.
Gordon's campaign website contains a contract with voters detailing her campaign promises. Read this document here. Its key promises are as follows:
- Eliminate corruption in the country, state, and village.
- Gain control of rising property taxes and fees.
- Protect children's right to an education.
- Protect homeowners and tenants from abusive practices.
New York Democratic Party, Strong Women Will Reform New York
- BA Political Science, In Progress, South Dakota State University
- Hamlin High School, 1990
- Acting Executive Director, North Amityville Community Economic Council, 2008-present
- Mental Health Clinic Manager, Patient Advocate, Secy ER and MHC Satellites, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 1982-2007
Carol A. Gordon for Senate
P.O. Box 127
Massapequa, New york 11758
- Official campaign website
- Official campaign facebook page
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Newsday Candidate profile and recent coverage
- Imagine Election profile
- Carol A. Gordon, "Why Carol A. Gordon?" Retrieved August 29, 2012
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Candidate Petition List, accessed August 9, 2012
- New York Times, "NY state legislative election results," accessed February 11, 2014
- NY Democratic Senate Campaign Committee YouTube Channel
- Campaign Site, [http://www.scribd.com/doc/39058456/THE-PEOPLE-S-AGENDA-Carol-A-Gordon-Democrat-for-Public-Service-New-York-8th-Senatorial-District Meet Kristi