|Minnesota House of Representatives District 53B|
|2007 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Associate's||Lakewood State Junior College|
|Date of birth||September 27, 1950|
|Place of birth||Manhattan, KS|
|Profession||Owner/Board Member, Venburg Tire Company|
McFarlane is Owner and Board Member of the Venburg Tire Company.
She also serves on the City of White Bear Lake School Board, is Co-Chair of the Northeast Chapter of MICAH, Founding President of the White Bear Lake Area Alumni Association, and a member of the White Bear Lake Area Educational Foundation Board.
She is married and has 3 children.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, McFarlane served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, McFarlane served on these committees:
- K-12 Education Policy and Oversight (Lead GOP)
- Higher Education and Workforce Development Finance and Policy Division
- Housing Finance and Policy and Public Health Finance Division
- K-12 Education Finance Division
- Transportation and Transit Policy and Oversight Division
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 53B (2010)|
|Chris Knopf (DFL)||7,636||45.06%|
|Carol McFarlane (R)||9,288||54.81%|
Carol McFarlane raised $40,326 for her campaign.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 53B (2008)|
|Carol McFarlane (R)||12,041||54.20%|
|Chris Knopf (DFL)||10,147||45.67%|
In 2010, McFarlane received $39,221 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed below.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Carol McFarlane's campaign in 2010|
|53B House District RPM||$1,100|
|Minnesota Auto Dealers Association||$500|
|Jakway, Charles H||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$39,221|
Listed below are the two largest contributors to Carol McFarlane's 2008 campaign.
|Meslow Volunteer Comm||$1,000|
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
- Carol McFarlane's personal website
- Minnesota House of Representatives - Rep. Carol McFarlane
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- Carol McFarlane on LinkedIn
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. McFarlane
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2010 Election Results," accessed March 9, 2014
- 2008 General Election Results
- Follow the Money's report on McFarlane's 2008 campaign contributions
- Follow the Money, "2010 Contributions," accessed January 1, 2015
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2012," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2011," accessed May 15, 2014
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 53B
| Succeeded by|
Andrea Kieffer (R)
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |