Carole Kauhiwai Kaapu
|Carole Kauhiwai Kaapu|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Hawaii House of Representatives, District 28|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Kaapu's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Excerpt: "Balanced budgets. Cost effective and efficient provision of services and infrastructure. Integrity and transparency in financial matters."
- Legislative Reform
- Excerpts: "Term Limits." "Smaller Legislature." "Open and Honest Legislative Process."
- Smaller Government
- Excerpt: "The State Government should protect its citizens and provide infrastructure for daily living and commerce. The Government should not be the provider of all things to everyone. Currently almost 1 out of every 4 people in our State receives some form of public assistance. The Government, a legal body, was not designed to provide social (compassion) services effectively."
- Economic Stability
- Excerpts: "Encourage Small Business." "Sustainable Agriculture and Energy." "Environmental Stewardship." "Medical Liability Reform."
- Family Values
- Excerpt: "Pro-life from conception to natural death. Marriage defined as a union of one man and one woman. Individual responsibility for our own actions."
Elections for the office of Hawaii House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on August 9, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election is June 3, 2014. Incumbent John M. Mizuno is unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Carole Kauhiwai Kaapu is unopposed in the Republican primary.
Kaapu ran in the 2012 election for Hawaii House of Representatives District 28. Kaapu ran unopposed in the August 11 Republican primary and was defeated by District 30 incumbent John Mizuno (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012. Incumbent Democrat Karl Rhoads is running for re-election in District 29.
|Hawaii House of Representatives, District 28, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||John Mizuno Incumbent||77.4%||4,444|
|Republican||Carole Kauhiwai Kaapu||22.6%||1,298|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Carole + Kaapu + Hawaii + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Hawaii House of Representatives
- Hawaii House of Representatives District 28
- Hawaii House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Hawaii State Legislature
- Carole Kauhiwai Kaapu, "Vision," accessed October 2, 2012
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed June 6, 2014
- civilbeat.com, " Unofficial 2012 Primary election candidate list," accessed March 24, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary election results," accessed March 24, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official 2012 General election results," accessed March 24, 2014