|New Jersey General Assembly District 11|
|2012 - Present|
|January 12, 2016|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|New Jersey General Assembly District 12|
|2008 - 2012|
|Bachelor's||Pennsylvania State University|
|J.D.||Rutgers School of Law, 2002|
|Place of birth||Point Pleasant, NJ|
- 1 Biography
- 2 Committee assignments
- 3 Issues
- 4 Elections
- 5 Campaign donors
- 6 Endorsements
- 7 Personal
- 8 Additional reading
- 9 Recent news
- 10 See also
- 11 External links
- 12 References
Casagrande formerly represented District 12 from 2008 to 2012. Due to redistricting, she ran for District 11 in the November 8, 2011, election.
Casagrande earned her B.A. in Political Science from Pennsylvania State University in 1999 and her J.D. from Rutgers School of Law. Her professional experience includes working as a partner with Menna Supko & Casagrande, an associate with Cleary Afieri Jones & Hoyle and as a law clerk with Honorable Robert W. O'Hagan.
At the beginning of the 2014 legislative session, Casagrande served on the following committees:
|New Jersey Committee Assignments, 2014|
|• Financial Institutions and Insurance|
|• Women and Children|
In the 2010-2012 legislative session, Casagrande served on the following committees:
|New Jersey Committee Assignments, 2010|
|• Regulatory Oversight and Gaming|
|• State Government|
Assemblywoman Casagrande discusses the sales tax holiday
- A2204 Permits use of overseas absentee ballots for all elections; authorizes transmission of ballots by electronic means.
- A3097 Requires labeling of foods produced from cloned animals.
- A3150 Provides for mandatory life imprisonment for aggravated sexual assault.
- A3552 Prohibits persons violating animal cruelty law from owning, keeping, or harboring animals; requires DHSS establish and maintain website list of such persons.
National Political Awareness Test
Casagrande's answers to the New Jersey State Legislative Election 2007 National Political Awareness Test are available. In the test she listed her top priorities as:
- 1. Cut spending to lower property taxes - Eliminate $2 billion in wasteful government spending and cut property taxes permanently by at lease 20% for every NJ family.
- 2. Fully fund our schools - Five years of flat funding have driven school property taxes trhough the roof.
- 3. Pass real ethics reform - The politicians in Trenton failed to deliver reform. Its time to permanently ban politicians from abusing the pension system.
Casagrande won re-election in the 2013 election for New Jersey General Assembly District 11. Casagrande was bracketed with Mary Pat Angelini. She was unopposed in the June 4 Republican primary. She and incumbent Mary Pat Angelini (R) defeated Edward Zipprich (D) and Kevin McMillan (D) in the general election, which took place on November 5, 2013.
Casagrande won re-election in 2011, but for District 11 instead of her current District 12 due to redistricting. Casagrande and incumbent Mary Pat Angelini ran uncontested in the Republican Primary on June 7. They then defeated Kathleen Horgan (D), Vin Gopal (D), and Daniel Jacobson (I) in the November 8 general election.
First female legislative team
Since the Republican candidates won the general election, District 11 will feature the state's first all-female legislative team. In addition to Angelini and Casagrande, Jennifer Beck (R) won District 11 the New Jersey State Senate.
District 11 was reshaped to become a minority opportunity district. While NJSpotlight predicted a win for the GOP ticket, PolitickerNJ noted that the Asbury Park Press endorsement of Vin Gopal (D) could increase his chance of winning. Jennifer Beck (R) and Caroline Casagrande (R) were also endorsed--APP declined to endorse Angelini, Raymond Santiago (D), and Kathleen Horgan (D). In addition, the Democratic challengers in District 11 have raised over $100,000.
|New Jersey Assembly General Election, Twelfth Legislative District (2009)|
|Declan J. O'Scanlon, Jr. (R)||42,932|
|Caroline Casagrande (R)||42,662|
|Michelle Roth (D)||25,891|
|John Amberg (D)||24,125|
|Steven Welzer (Gr)||1,635|
Comprehensive donor information for Casagrande is available dating back to 2007. Based on available campaign finance records, Casagrande raised a total of $576,321 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 16, 2013.
|Caroline Casagrande's Campaign Contribution History|
|2011||New Jersey General Assembly, District 11||$304,744|
|2009||New Jersey General Assembly, District 12||$97,880|
|2007||New Jersey General Assembly, District 12||$173,697|
|Grand Total Raised||$576,321|
2011Casagrande won re-election to the New Jersey General Assembly in 2011. During that election cycle, Casagrande raised a total of $304,744.
|New Jersey General Assembly 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Caroline Casagrande's campaign in 2011|
|New Jersey Republican Party||$56,277|
|Election Fund Of Assemblyman Dave Rible||$8,200|
|Election Fund Of Alex De Croce||$8,000|
|New Jersey Automobile Dealers Assocation||$7,200|
|Bramnick For Assembly||$6,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$304,744|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2009Casagrande won re-election to the New Jersey General Assembly in 2009. During that election cycle, Casagrande raised a total of $97,880.
|New Jersey General Assembly 2009 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Caroline Casagrande's campaign in 2009|
|Biondi, Peter J||$5,000|
|New Jersey Business & Industry Association||$2,000|
|New Jersey State Police Benevolent Association||$1,600|
|Total Raised in 2009||$97,880|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2007Casagrande won election to the New Jersey General Assembly in 2007. During that election cycle, Casagrande raised a total of $173,697.
|New Jersey General Assembly 2007 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Caroline Casagrande's campaign in 2007|
|New Jersey Republican Party||$90,477|
|Election Fund of Alex Decroce||$8,200|
|Commerce & Industry Association of New Jersey||$8,200|
|Election Fund of Joseph R Malone III For Assembly||$8,000|
|Kyrillos Senator Cmte||$5,200|
|Total Raised in 2007||$173,697|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Casagrande and her husband, Stephen Chance, have two sons, Harrison and Teddy.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Caroline + Casagrande + New Jersey + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New Jersey General Assembly
- General Assembly Committees
- New Jersey State Legislature
- Joint Committees
- New Jersey state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the New Jersey General Assembly
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- NJ 12th legislative district - Assemblywoman Casagrande
- Assemblywoman Casagrande on Twitter
- Caroline Casagrande on Facebook
- Campaign Contributions: 2011, 2009, 2007
- New Jersey Department of State, Official Primary Results
- New Jersey Department of State, Unofficial general election candidates
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed April 10, 2014
- New Jersey State Legislature, "Bills Sponsored by Senators and Representatives," accessed April 10, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Assemblywoman Casagrande-Issue Positions," accessed April 10, 2014
- New Jersey Department of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results," accessed July 26, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official general election candidates," September 9, 2013
- Associated Press, "New Jersey - Summary Vote Results," November 6, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "2013 Official General Election results," accessed December 9, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "2011 Official General Assembly Primary Candidate List," accessed April 10, 2014
- Atlanticville, "GOP legislators kick off run for 11th District," June 30, 2011
- PolitickerNJ, "New Jersey Legislative Forecast," November 1, 2011
- NJ Spotlight, "Election 2011: Where the Republicans Can Pick Up Assembly Seats," April 12, 2011
- Associate Press, "General Election Results, November 4, 2009," accessed April 10, 2014
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official 2009 New Jersey Assembly General Election Results,accessed April 10, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Casagrande, Caroline" accessed August 16, 2013
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of New Jersey Leaders," April 11, 2014(Archived)
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |