|Missouri House of Representatives, District 2|
|2009 - present|
|January 5, 2015|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Profession||Dairy and Beef Farmer|
Guernsey has worked as a Policy Analyst for Congressman Sam Graves, dairy and beef farmer, and a staff member for Majority Whip Roy Blunt. He graduated from the Collage of the Ozarks in Business Administration.
He is a member of the Bethany Chamber of Commerce, Bethany Rotary Board, Blue Ridge Christian Union Church, Harrison County Farm Bureau, National Federation of Independent Business, National Rifle Association, and the Trenton Chamber of Commerce.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Guernsey served on the following committees:
|Missouri Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agri-Business, Chair|
|• Health Insurance|
|• Joint Committee on the Life Sciences|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Guernsey served on these committees:
|Missouri Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Agri-Business, Chair|
|• Appropriations - Agriculture and Natural Resources|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Guernsey served on these committees:
|Missouri Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Energy and Environment|
|• Health Care Transformation|
|• Public Safety, Vice-chair|
|• Rural Community Development|
Law enforcement drones
On December 5, 2012, Guernsey pre-filed HB 46, the proposed "Preserving Freedom from Unwarranted Surveillance Act." The bill would ban law enforcement agencies in Missouri from using unmanned aerial vehicles (drones) to gather evidence or conduct surveillance of private individuals and property. People would be able to sue law enforcement agencies that violate this bill. A public hearing on the bill was held on February 5, 2013.
Guernsey won re-election in the 2012 election for Missouri House of Representatives, District 2. Guernsey ran unopposed in the August 7 Republican primary and defeated Jim Nash (I) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Missouri House of Representatives, District 2, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Casey Guernsey Incumbent||78%||10,831|
On November 2, 2010 Guernsey won election to the Missouri House of Representatives.
Casey Guernsey raised $68,670 for his campaign.
|Missouri House of Representatives, District 3|
|Casey Guernsey (R)||9,924||62.2%|
|Mike Hepler (D)||6,025||37.8%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, a year in which Guernsey was up for re-election, he collected $29,680 in donations.
His four largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Supporters Of Health Research & Treatments||$1,000|
|Greater Kansas City Chamber Of Commerce||$1,000|
|Friends of Tilley||$1,000|
Listed below are the five largest contributors to Casey Guernsey's 2008 campaign.
|Merit Pay for Missouri Teachers PAC||$5,000|
|Supporters of Health Research & Treatments||$1,500|
|Thomas R. Burcham III 106th Legislative District Republican CMTE||$1,350|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Casey + Guernsey + Missouri + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Several issues left for Missouri Legislature on final day of session - STLtoday.com
- Republican Senator Says Missouri Can't Really Ban All Federal Gun Control ... - Riverfront Times (blog)
- Mo. bill to curb welfare fraud sent to Nixon - Seattle Post Intelligencer
- Police Chief Opposed To Drone Bill Amendment - kplr11.com
- Missouri House Passes Gun Nullification Bill - Huffington Post - Huffington Post
- Mo House sends wage reform to Gov. Nixon for signature - El Dorado Springs Sun
- Top Stories Of The Week - KCUR
- Document controversy sets off string of Sunshine law requests - The Missouri Times
- Rep. Jason Smith: Right to Farm May Pass This Last Week - The Rolla Daily News
- Big agribusiness is funding the Eco Terrorism Act - New Internationalist (blog)
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Missouri House of Representatives - Rep. Casey Guernsey
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Rep. Guernsey
- ↑ Bill information for Missouri HB 46
- ↑ Text of Missouri HB 46
- ↑ Missouri Secretary of State - 2012 Primary Candidates
- ↑ Missouri Secretary of State - Unofficial primary results
- ↑ Missouri House of Representatives official election results for 2008
- ↑ Follow the Money's report on Guernsey's 2008 campaign contributions
- ↑ 2010 campaign contributions
Zachary Wyatt (R)
|Missouri House of Representatives District 2
| Succeeded by|
|Missouri House of Representatives District 3
| Succeeded by|
Nate Walker (R)
State of Missouri
Jefferson City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor & Industrial Relations | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Sunshine Law | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |