Catherine Cool Rumsey
|Catherine Cool Rumsey|
|Rhode Island State Senate District 34|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Place of birth||New York|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Rumsey served on the following committees:
|Rhode Island Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Environment & Agriculture|
|• Health & Human Services|
Rumsey said that she will work to create a job friendly environment, build sustainable funding for education, preserve the environment and natural resources, as well as avoid passing laws with unfunded mandates for cities and towns.
Elections for the office of Rhode Island State Senate will consist of a primary election on September 9, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 25, 2014. Incumbent Catherine Cool Rumsey is unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Elaine Morgan is unopposed in the Republican primary. Cameron Ennis is running as an Independent candidate.
Rumsey won election in the 2012 election for Rhode Island State Senate District 34. She was unopposed in the Democratic primary on September 11. Incumbent Francis Maher defeated Paul R. Mcfadden in the Republican primary. Rumsey defeated Maher in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Rhode Island State Senate, District 34, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Catherine Cool Rumsey||55.1%||7,150|
|Republican||Francis Maher, Jr. Incumbent||44.8%||5,809|
Comprehensive donor information for Catherine Cool Rumsey is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Catherine Cool Rumsey raised a total of $6,900 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 30, 2013.
|Catherine Cool Rumsey's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Rhode Island State Senate, District 34||$6,900|
|Grand Total Raised||$6,900|
2012Catherine Cool Rumsey won election to the to the Rhode Island State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Catherine Cool Rumsey raised a total of $6,900.
|to the Rhode Island State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Catherine Cool Rumsey's campaign in 2012|
|Rhode Island AFL-CIO||$1,000|
|Fight Back RI (Frmly Meri PAC)||$1,000|
|Ocean State Action PAC||$750|
|Coventry Teachers Alliance||$500|
|National Education Association Rhode Island||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$6,900|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- American Civil Liberties Union of Rhode Island: 2013-2014 Voting Record
- Legislators were scored based on their votes on bills related to civil liberties.
- Common Cause: 2013-2014 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators were scored based on votes on government reform.
- Rhode Island Center for Freedom and Prosperity: 2013 Session Freedom Index
- Legislators were scored based on their votes on bills deemed to have an effect on free-market, small-government, or constitutional principles.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Catherine + Rumsey + Rhode Island + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Rhode Island State Senate
- Senate Committees
- Rhode Island General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- Rhode Island state legislative districts
- Profile from the Rhode Island State Senate
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions via Follow the Money: 2012
- Coolsenator.com, "Priorities," accessed October 18, 2012(Archived)
- Rhode Island Secretary of State, "Candidates for Senator in General Assembly," accessed June 30, 2014
- Candidates in Upcoming Elections, "Rhode Island Secretary of State," accessed July 5, 2012
- State of Rhode Island Board of Elections, "2012 Statewide Primary Results," accessed June 6, 2014
- State of Rhode Island Board of Elections, "2012 Statewide General Election Results," accessed June 6, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Rumsey, Catherine Cool," accessed July 30, 2013
Francis Maher (R)
|Rhode Island State Senate District 34
| Succeeded by|