|Former candidate for|
|Alaska House of Representatives, District 19|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Stevens' website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Only Individuals Have Rights
- Excerpt: "Ultimately, inalienable rights belong to the individual citizen, and no other entity. Not federal government, not state government, nor any business or corporate entity. Coercion by larger governmental entities is still coercion. Insomuch as individuals do not infringe on another’s life, liberty, or property governement at any level does not have the right to interfere."
STOP Runaway Spending
- Excerpt: "I commit to working to change the downward spiral the state is on while there is still time, by voting against any future spending in excess of sustainable levels and for the immediate transfer of the remaining $11 billion in the state’s savings accounts into the Permanent Fund where it will be protected by the state constitution from further government raid."
- Excerpt: "Alaskans needs a legislator who will review these questions and work to restrict our government’s spying activities against its own citizens."
Free Market Solutions
- Excerpt: "History tells us that the greatest innovations of our civilization have come when citizens are free to create and challenge the status quo. Currently, state and federally protected monopolies restrict our ability to create. We need our government to promote creativity with less regulation."
- Excerpt: "I believe in accountability for education spending. Alaska’s education costs are the highest in the nation, yet we are last place in 4th grade reading scores and rank 39th overall compared to the other 50 states."
Elections for the office of Alaska House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 19, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. District 17 incumbent Geran Tarr was unopposed in the Democratic primary and defeated Cean Stevens (L) in the general election.
Stevens ran in the 2012 election for Alaska House of Representatives District 17. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on August 28, 2012. The general election took place on November 6, 2012. Stevens was defeated in the general election.
|Alaska House of Representatives, District 17, General Election, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Cean + Stevens + Alaska + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alaska House of Representatives
- Alaska House of Representatives District 19
- Alaska House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Alaska State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Cean Stevens on Facebook
- ceanstevens.com, "Issues," accessed October 22, 2014
- Alaska Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed June 4, 2014
- Alaska Secretary of State, "Unofficial primary election results," accessed August 20, 2014
- Alaska Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed September 11, 2014
- Alaska Secretary of State, "Unofficial General Election Results," accessed November 5, 2014
- Alaska Division of Elections, "2012 Primary Candidate List," accessed March 12, 2014
- Alaska Division of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed March 12, 2014
- Alaska Election Division, "Official 2012 General election results," accessed November 16, 2012