|New York State Senate District 46|
|January 1, 2013 - Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||0|
|Per diem||$171/full day; $61/half day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Tkaczyk served on the following committees:
|New York Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Children and Families|
|• Environmental Conservation|
|• Mental Health and Developmental Disabilities|
- See also: New York State Senate elections, 2012
Tkaczyk ran in the 2012 election for New York State Senate District 46. She defeated Monica M. Arias Miranda and Thomas E. Dolan in the Democratic primary on September 13, 2012; she also ran on the Working Families Party ticket. Tkaczyk defeated incumbent George Amedore (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
The 46th district was newly drawn, and seemed initially to favor incumbent Amedore. However, the race was close, as outside PACs poured money into the district supporting Tkaczyk. Amedore was initially declared the winner by 37 votes, but after a recount, Tkaczyk was delcared the winner by 18 votes.
Tkaczyk supports tax credits for small businesses, increasing loan programs for farmers, and increasing the minimum wage to $8.50.
|New York State Senate, District 46, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Cecilia F. Tkaczyk||50%||63,104|
|New York State Senate, District 46 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Monica Arias Miranda||14.7%||961|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Cecilia + Tkaczyk + New + York + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- NY Sen. Cecilia Tkaczyk opening district office in Kingston on Saturday - Kingston Daily Freeman
- State Sen. Cecilia Tkaczyk opens Kingston office - Kingston Daily Freeman
- Kingston shelter operator honored by NY Senate (video) - Kingston Daily Freeman
- Friends of Democracy to take on anti-campaign finance reform Dems and GOPs - New York Daily News
- Activists Drop Banners, Urge Klein to Support Campaign Finance Reform - Norwood News
- Common Core questions - Spotlight News
- PSC approves Central Hudson acquisition - The Register Star
- New York's Long Road to Fair Elections - Huffington Post
- Cuomo's Clean Elections Choice
- Cuomo Finally Gets in the Campaign Finance Reform Game - The American Prospect
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- ↑ State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Candidate Petition List, retrieved August 9, 2012.
- ↑ [www.timesunion.com/local/article/It-s-Tkaczyk-by-just-18-votes-4205383.php Timesunion.com "It's Tkaczyk by just 18 votes," Accessed January 21, 2013]
- ↑ [ http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20121029/NEWS/210290331 Recordonline.com "Candidates for new NY Senate District 46 differ on fracking," Accessed October 30, 2012]
Neil Breslin (D)
|New York State Senate District 46
| Succeeded by|