Center for Voting and Democracy
|Center for Voting and Democracy: FairVote|
|Executive Director:||Rob Richie|
FairVote was founded in 1992, after operating for many years as the Center for Voting and Democracy. It has a large volunteer network across the nation, with closely allied groups in states like California, and Minnesota.
FairVote is led by a 10 member board of directors and nine member advisory committee. "In 2008, FairVote established a new Advisory Board comprised initially of recent members of its Board of Directors. These leaders receive updates from FairVote about our progress and regularly provide comments and advice."
- Executive Director: Rob Richie
- Member Relations: Cynthia Terrell
- "Generate ideas through innovative research on elections and potential reform."
- "Act as a reform catalyst by drawing attention to our proposals and how they address specific problems in our democracy through media outreach, public education, communications and coalition building."
- "Seek opportunities to learn from the implementation of our reform ideas through strategic advocacy, voting rights litigation and assistance in implementation."
- "Create models of civic learning and voter education designed to prepare everyone for active citizenship through increasing public awareness of our electoral rules, the history of suffrage and ideas for election reform."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Center+for+Voting+and+Democracy+Fairvote"
- All stories may not be relevant to this organization due to the nature of the search engine.
- Center for Voting and Democracy,"About FairVote-Center for Voting and Democracy," accessed February 21, 2011
- Fairvote.org, "Who We Are," accessed December 17, 2013
- FairVote,"Board of Directors," accessed February 21, 2011
- FairVote,"Advisory Committee," accessed February 21, 2011
- FairVote,"Overview," accessed February 21, 2011