FairVote- The Center for Voting and Democracy
"is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, non-partisan organization located in Takoma Park, Maryland, just outside Washington, D.C."
This organization "conducts research, analysis, education and advocacy to build understanding of and support for more democratic voting systems."
They support a full representation and instant runoff voting.
FairVote is lead by a 10-member Board of Directors and 9-member advisory committee. "In 2008, FairVote established a new Advisory Board comprised initially of recent members of its Board of Directors. These leaders receive updates from FairVote about our progress and regularly provide comments and advice."
- "Generate ideas through innovative research on elections and potential reform."
- "Act as a reform catalyst by drawing attention to our proposals and how they address specific problems in our democracy through media outreach, public education, communications and coalition building."
- "Seek opportunities to learn from the implementation of our reform ideas through strategic advocacy, voting rights litigation and assistance in implementation."
- "Create models of civic learning and voter education designed to prepare everyone for active citizenship through increasing public awareness of our electoral rules, the history of suffrage and ideas for election reform."
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Center for Voting and Democracy,"About FairVote-Center for Voting and Democracy," retrieved February 21, 2011
- ↑ FairVote,"Board of Directors," retrieved February 21, 2011
- ↑ FairVote,"Advisory Committee," retrieved February 21, 2011
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 FairVote,"Overview," retrieved February 21, 2011