Central Local School District Tax and Bond Issue (March 2012)
The measure was defeated
- YES 32 (34.41%)
- NO 61 (65.59%)
The first part of the measure sought to implement an income tax set at a rate of .25 percent for a period of thirty-three years in order to help pay for current expenses in the school district.
The second part of measure sought to issue a bond in the amount of $7.9 million in order to help build new classroom and school facilities as well as furnish and upgrade facilities. A levy of $.406 per $100 of assessed value would also be implemented to pay for the bond repayments.
Text of measure
The question on the ballot:
| Shall the Central Local School District, Defiance and Williams Counties, Ohio be authorized to do both of the following:
(1) Impose an annual income tax of 0.25% on the school district income of individuals and estates, for a period of 33 years, beginning January 1, 2013, for the purpose of paying current expenses?
(2) Issue bonds for the purpose of constructing school facilities under the Classroom Facilities Assistance Program of the Ohio School Facilities Commission and locally funded initiatives; furnishing and equipping the same; improving the sites thereof and acquiring interests in land as necessary in connection therewith, in the principal amount of $7,925,000, to be repaid annually over a maximum period of 33 years, and levy a property tax outside the ten-mill limitation estimated by the county auditor to average over the bond repayment period 4.06 mills for each one dollar of tax valuation, which amounts to $0.406 for each one hundred dollars of tax valuation, to pay the annual debt charges on the bonds, and to pay debt charges on any notes issued in anticipation of those bonds?
- Williams County Board of Elections, March Election Results
- Williams County Board of Elections, March Questions and Issues List
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |