|Georgia House of Representatives District 178|
|February 23, 2011 - Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||February 15, 2011|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Place of birth||Blackshear, GA|
Nimmer's professional experience includes working as a manager and broker for Pierce Timber Company and owner of Suwannee Forest Products.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Nimmer served on the following committees:
|Georgia Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Industry and Labor, Vice Chair|
|• Natural Resources and Environment|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Nimmer did not serve on any legislative committees.
Nimmer's campaign site detailed his campaign themes and policy goals:
- "I am running because the people of this district need a voice-- someone who can deliver for them. I have a real opportunity to be a voice for the people of this district and do what's good for everyone. As a small business owner, I know the challenge of creating jobs. We need to rely on small businesses to turn our economy around. They are the heart of our economy. I will work tirelessly to lower taxes and cut burdensome red tape to allow our businesses to expand and add jobs and to attract new businesses and new jobs. I was born and raised right here. I know the values that are important to all of us, and I will stand strong for our conservative values in Atlanta. I can promise you one thing. I will not let you down in Atlanta. I will be a voice for all us, and I will make you proud."
Elections for the office of Georgia House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014; a runoff election will take place where necessary on July 22, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 7, 2014. Incumbent John Chadwick Nimmer was unopposed in the Republican primary and is unchallenged in the general election.
Nimmer ran in the 2012 election for Georgia House of Representatives District 178. Nimmer ran unopposed in the Republican primary on July 31, 2012. He was unopposed in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Georgia House of Representatives, District 178, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Chad Nimmer Incumbent||100%||15,897|
Nimmer defeated four other candidates in the February 15, 2011 special election to Georgia House of Representatives, District 136. Both Georgia special elections held an open primary. All candidates appeared on the February 15 ballot along with their party affiliation. Since Nimmer received more than 50% of the vote, the election will not proceed to a runoff on March 15.
Comprehensive donor information for Nimmer is available dating back to 2011. Based on available campaign finance records, Nimmer raised a total of $104,050 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 30, 2013.
|Chad Nimmer's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Georgia State House, District 178||$46,700|
|2011||Georgia State House, District 178||$57,350|
|Grand Total Raised||$104,050|
2012Nimmer won re-election to the Georgia House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Nimmer raised a total of $46,700.
|Georgia House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Chad Nimmer's campaign in 2012|
|Clark Iii, S William||$2,000|
|Lynn, Sybil D||$1,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$46,700|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Nimmer and his wife, Amy, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Chad + Nimmer + Georgia + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Chad Nimmer on the Georgia House of Representatives website
- Profile from Open States
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2011
- Georgia Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 10, 2014
- Georgia Secretary of State, "GA - Election Results," accessed May 28, 2014
- Georgia Secretary of State Elections Division, "Candidate List" accessed May 29, 2012
- Georgia Elections Division, "2012 Election Results" accessed November 16, 2012
- Florida Times-Union, "Pierce County's Chad Nimmer wins special Georgia House race" February 16, 2011
- followthemoney.org, "Nimmer, Chad," accessed August 30, 2013
- votenimmer.com, "About," accessed September 6, 2013
Mark Williams (R)
|Georgia House of Representatives District 178
| Succeeded by|
State of Georgia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | State Superintendent of Schools | Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |