Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives District 198|
|High school||George Washington Carver Engineering & Science High School, 1998|
|Bachelor's||Villanova University, 2002|
|Master's||Villanova University, 2006|
|Profession||Assistant Director, Center for Multicultural Affairs at Villanova University|
|[charismapresley.com Campaign website]|
Presley's professional experience includes working as an assistant director at the Center for Multicultural Affairs at Villanova University. She earned her B.A. in political science from Villanova University in 2002 and her M.S. in higher education administration from Villanova University in 2006.
Presley's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"Education is the key to the future economic success of our city and state, so public education must be a priority. Philadelphia and Pennsylvania as a whole must invest in its future by fully supporting our public schools through our tax dollars, our presence in the schools, and our support for education in our homes. Education reform is everyone’s job—local government alone cannot effect the change we need to improve educational opportunities for our children. Harrisburg must do a better job of allocating funding and other educational resources to the communities that need these resources most."
- Excerpt:"The 198th has vast untapped resources that need to come back to the table when it comes to revitalization. These resources include (but are certainly not limited to) educational and religious institutions, historic sites, parks, businesses, ideas, and, most importantly, the people! The 198th is full of talented people who have often taken their skills elsewhere, but now is the time to share those skills with the 198th. Successfully implemented community revitalization will bring jobs, new businesses, home ownership, and a stronger sense of pride and community that can be seen and felt throughout the District."
Issues in State Politics
- "support increased funding for public education K-12 with targeted spending to improve school safety, improve social services to students, improve tutoring services especially for mathematics."
- "support charter and magnet schools as an structural reforms that enhance public education."
- "support sustainable economic development that includes preserving open space, cleaning-up/reclaiming vacant lots in Philadelphia and other cities, and promoting transit-oriented development."
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 198 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Rosita Youngblood Incumbent||47.5%||4,087|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Charisma + Presley + Pennsylvania + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- [charismapresley.com Official campaign website]
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |