Charles E. Meier
|Charles E. Meier|
|Illinois House of Representatives District 108|
|2013 - Present|
|January 14, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Member, Washington County Board|
Meier served six years on the Washington County Board.
Meier's professional experience includes working as a farmer.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Meier served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture & Conservation|
|• Economic Development|
|• Small Business Empowerment & Workforce Development|
Meier's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Excerpt: "When you have a bad year on the farm or in your business, you don't go out and spend more money. You figure out what you need to cut, where you can improve your income and how you are going to balance your budget to make your payments for the next year."
- No New Taxes
- Excerpt: "This is what we need in Springfield, someone who will not raise your taxes, but continue to move forward on improvements."
- Expand Local Employment
- Excerpt: "As a member of the Washington County Board, Charlie worked to bring Prairie State Energy Campus to the Region."
- Save Illinois Jobs
- Excerpt: "This is what we need in Springfield, someone fighting for you and your jobs."
- Less Government Control
- Excerpt: "It seems all government employees have their own interpretation of what the laws mean. Doing business is not easy in Illinois."
Elections for the office of Illinois House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place March 18, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 2, 2013. Incumbent Charles E. Meier ran unopposed in the Republican primary and is unchallenged in the general election.
Meier won election in the 2012 election for Illinois House of Representatives District 108. Meier defeated Don W. Weber and District 102 incumbent Paul J. Evans in the March 20 Republican primary and defeated Daniel P. Polites (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 108, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Charles E. Meier||66.7%||33,552|
|Democratic||Daniel P. Polites||33.3%||16,786|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 108 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Charles E. Meier||38.3%||4,391|
Comprehensive donor information for Meier is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Meier raised a total of $155,160 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 24, 2013.
|Charles E. Meier's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Illinois State House, District 108||$155,160|
|Grand Total Raised||$155,160|
2012Meier won election to the Illinois House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Meier raised a total of $155,160.
|Illinois House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Charles E. Meier's campaign in 2012|
|Illinois Education Association||$48,000|
|Illinois Republican Party||$29,061|
|Illinois Farm Bureau||$11,065|
|Southwestern Area Council Aftcope||$5,000|
|Illinois Federation of Teachers||$5,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$155,160|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Charles + Meier + Illinois + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Profile from Open States
- Charlie Meier For Illinois State Rep Facebook page
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Illinois House, "Rep. Meier," accessed March 3, 2014
- Campaign website, Fresh Ideas
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Chicago Tribune, "Unofficial primary election results," accessed March 18, 2014
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed January 18, 2013
- followthemoney.org, "Meier, Charles E," accessed July 24, 2013
David Reis (R)
|Illinois House of Representatives District 108
| Succeeded by|
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |