Charles Parkes, III
|Charles Parkes, III|
|Texas House of Representatives, District 6|
|Associate's||Tyler Junior College, 1996|
|Bachelor's||University of Texas, Tyler, 2008|
|Date of birth||04/03/1975|
|Place of birth||Palestine,TX|
Parkes' professional experience includes working as a file clerk at OCE Business Services and substitute teacher. He earned his AA in Interdisciplinary Studies from Tyler Junior College in 1996 and his B.A. in History and Political Science from the University of Texas, Tyler in 2008.
Parkes' website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Cut Taxes and Spending
- "I would vote to repeal the business margins tax that was proposed and signed in 2006 by Republican Governor Rick Perry, and filed by Rep. Jim Keffer (Republican from Eastland). "
- "I would file a bill to cut the state sales tax from 6.25% to 4%."
End the War on Drugs
- "I would vote for a bill to allow medical marijuana like HB 1491, filed last year by Rep. Naishtat (Democrat from Austin). "
- "I would vote for a bill to reduce marijuana penalties like HB 548, filed last year by Rep. Dutton (Democrat from Houston)."
Relief for Small Businesses
- "I would file legislation to reduce the power of cities to use permitting ordinances to limit and block businesses."
- "I would file legislation to repeal many anti-competitive occupational licensing laws."
Restoring resources to Local Government
- "I would fight ANY legislation that dictates the use of resources of local and county government without increasing the resources at their disposal."
- "I would work to decrease or eliminate any programs that allows Austin to pick winners and losers in our business landscape and allow the free market to work unhindered."
Parkes ran in the 2012 election for Texas House of Representatives, District 6. Parkes ran unopposed in the May 29 primary election and was defeated by Matt Schaefer in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 6, General Election, 2012|
|Libertarian||Charles Parkes III||11.2%||5,380|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Charles + Parkes + Texas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |