|Oklahoma House of Representatives District 90|
|1986 - 1999, 2006 - 2012|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Term limits||12 years total in state legislative chambers|
|Birthday||April 18, 1954|
|Place of birth||Lubbock, Texas|
Charles Key (b. April 18, 1954) is a former Republican member of the Oklahoma House of Representatives. He represented District 90 from 2006-2012. He served as an Assistant Majority Floor Leader. He also served as a Representative from 1986 to 1999.
Key works in insurance and securities. He and his wife, Janice, have four children: Kyan, Joshua, Jacob and Chelsea.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Key served on the following committees:
- Administrative Rules and Government Oversight Committee, Oklahoma House of Representatives
- Economic Development, Tourism and Financial Services Committee, Oklahoma State House
- Insurance Committee, Oklahoma House of Representatives, Chair
- Subcommittee on General Government and Transportation
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Key served on the following committees:
Key did not run for re-election in 2012.
Key won re-election to the Oklahoma House of Representatives. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary. He was also unopposed in the general election on November 2, 2010. Vote totals were not reported for unopposed candidates.
|Oklahoma House of Representatives, District 90|
|CHARLES KEY (R)||5,743|
|LINDA JAMES (D)||4,097|
In 2010, a year in which Key was up for re-election, he collected $5,677 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Oklahoma House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Charles Key's campaign in 2010|
|Choctaw Indian Nation||$1,000|
|Working Oklahomans Alliance||$500|
|Oklahoma Association Of Healthcare Providers||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$5,677|
In 2008, Key collected $48,691 in donations.
These were the largest contributors in 2008.
|HARVEY, RALPH L||$3,000|
|PHILLIPS, DALE L||$2,500|
|OKLAHOMA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS||$1,500|
|PHILLIPS, DALE L||$1,500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Charles + Key + Oklahoma + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Representative Key's campaign
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2000
- Representative Key's facebook
- Grassroots in Oklahoma, "Charles Key: Speaking at Tulsa County Men's Republican Club on Aug 10," August 10, 2011
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Oklahoma House of Representatives official election results for 2008," accessed May 26, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2008 campaign contributions," accessed May 26, 2014
- 2010 campaign contributions
- 2008 contributions
|Oklahoma House of Representatives - District 90
| Succeeded by|
Jon Echols (R)
State of Oklahoma
Oklahoma City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor and Inspector | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Wildlife Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Commissioner of Corporations |