Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Rhode Island Family Court|
|Past position:||Member, Rhode Island State Senate District 11|
|Past position 2:||Member, Rhode Island House of Representatives|
|Previous chief 2:||1992-2002|
|Undergraduate:||University of Rhode Island, 1977|
|Law School:||Loyola University, 1980|
Charles J. Levesque (b. August 2, 1954) is a magistrate of the family court in Rhode Island. He was previously a Democratic member of the Rhode Island State Senate, representing District 11 from 2005 to 2011.
Levesque earned his B.A. in English from the University of Rhode Island in 1977 and his J.D. from Loyola University in 1980.
- Present: Magistrate, Rhode Island Family Court
- 2005-2011: Member, Rhode Island State Senate
- 1986-1988, 2001-2002, 2005: Assistant town solicitor, Town of Portsmouth
- 1992-2002: Member, Rhode Island State House of Representatives
- 1988-1992: Member, Portsmouth Town Council
- 1980-2006: Attorney, Levesque Law Office
State senate committee assignments
- Government Oversight Committee, Rhode Island State Senate
- Health and Human Services Committee, Rhode Island State Senate
- Judiciary Committee, Rhode Island State Senate
|Rhode Island State Senate, District 11|
|Christopher Ottiano (R)||5376|
|Charles Levesque (D)||4325|
On November 4, 2008, Levesque was re-elected to the 11th District Seat in the Rhode Island State Senate. Levesque raised $20,624 for his campaign, while Ottiano raised $14,457 and Vitkevitch raised $4,000.
|Rhode Island State Senate, District 11 (2008)|
|Charles Levesque (D)||5,506|
|Christopher Ottiano (R)||5,393|
|John Stephen Vitkevitch (I)||1,549|
Levesque raised $13,087 during the 2008 election cycle.
His top contributor is listed below.
|Senate Democratic Leadership of Rhode Island||$1,250|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Charles + Levesque + Rhode + Island + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996, 1994
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Charles Levesque," accessed November 24, 2014
- Judiciary of Rhode Island, "Judicial Roster," archived November 17, 2010
- State of Rhode Island Board of Elections, "2010 Statewide General Election Results," accessed June 6, 2014
- State of Rhode Island Board of Elections, "2008 Statewide General Election Results," accessed June 6, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Rhode Island State Senate spending, 2008," accessed June 6, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions to Charles Levesque," accessed November 24, 2014
|Rhode Island State Senate District 11
| Succeeded by|
Christopher Ottiano (R)