|Kansas House of Representatives District 39|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Kansas|
|J.D.||Thomas M. Cooley Law School|
|Place of birth||Wichita, Kansas|
Macheers is a private-practice attorney operating in the areas of estate planning, real estate, and the formation of new small businesses. Macheers attended the Thomas M. Cooley Law School, receiving a Juris Doctorate.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Macheers served on the following committees:
|Kansas Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Pensions and Benefits|
|• Agriculture and Natural Resources Budget|
|• Energy and Environment|
Macheer's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Effective, Efficient Government
- Excerpt:"Charles will work to eliminate inefficient government spending and to improve the effectiveness of state-funded programs. "
- Excerpt:"There is a looming problem facing Kansas schools -- local control is being threatened by increasing federal government intervention and bureaucratic mandates from the federal Department of Education."
- Excerpt:"Charles knows that Kansas needs a competitive tax policy to attract jobs to Kansas and enable our current businesses to expand and add jobs."
Macheers won election in the 2012 election for Kansas House of Representatives District 39. Macheers defeated Stephanie Meyer in the August 7 Republican primary and defeated Marlys Shulda (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 39, General Election, 2012|
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 39 Republican Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Macheers is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Macheers raised a total of $26,226 during that time period. This information was last updated on 6/13/2013.
|Charles Macheers's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Kansas State House, District 39||$26,226|
|Grand Total Raised||$26,226|
Macheers won election to the Kansas House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Macheers raised a total of $26,226.
|Kansas House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Charles Macheers's campaign in 2012|
|Ridpath Creative Partners||$1,200|
|Kansas Chamber of Commerce & Industry||$1,000|
|Slainte Medical Llc||$1,000|
|Egan, Michael T||$1,000|
|Egan, Donna R||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$26,226|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Macheers and his wife Diane have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Charles + Macheers + Kansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Rep. Macheers' website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Charles Macheers on Facebook
- Charles Macheers on Twitter
Owen Donohoe (R)
|Kansas House of Representatives District 39
| Succeeded by|