|Kansas House of Representatives District 39|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Kansas|
|J.D.||Thomas M. Cooley Law School|
|Place of birth||Wichita, Kansas|
Macheers earned his J.D. from the Thomas M. Cooley Law School. His professional experience includes working as a private-practice attorney operating in the areas of estate planning, real estate, and the formation of new small businesses.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Macheers served on the following committees:
|Kansas Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Pensions and Benefits|
|• Agriculture and Natural Resources Budget|
|• Energy and Environment|
Macheer's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Effective, Efficient Government
- Excerpt: "Charles will work to eliminate inefficient government spending and to improve the effectiveness of state-funded programs. "
- Excerpt: "There is a looming problem facing Kansas schools -- local control is being threatened by increasing federal government intervention and bureaucratic mandates from the federal Department of Education."
- Excerpt: "Charles knows that Kansas needs a competitive tax policy to attract jobs to Kansas and enable our current businesses to expand and add jobs."
Elections for the office of Kansas House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. Vicki Hiatt was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Charles Macheers was unopposed in the Republican primary.
Macheers won election in the 2012 election for Kansas House of Representatives District 39. Macheers defeated Stephanie Meyer in the August 7 Republican primary and defeated Marlys Shulda (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 39, General Election, 2012|
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 39 Republican Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Macheers is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Macheers raised a total of $26,226 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 13, 2013.
|Charles Macheers's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Kansas State House, District 39||$26,226|
|Grand Total Raised||$26,226|
2012Macheers won election to the Kansas House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Macheers raised a total of $26,226.
|Kansas House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Charles Macheers's campaign in 2012|
|Ridpath Creative Partners||$1,200|
|Kansas Chamber of Commerce & Industry||$1,000|
|Slainte Medical Llc||$1,000|
|Egan, Michael T||$1,000|
|Egan, Donna R||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$26,226|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Kansas Freedom Index
The Kansas Policy Institute, Kansas’s "first free market think tank," releases its legislator scorecard as a part of its Kansas Freedom Index for Kansas state representatives and senators once a year. The Score Card gives each legislator a score from 1%-100% based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on specific issues which the Kansas Policy Institute thought were pro-limited government policies.
Charles Macheers received a score of 74.0% in the 2013 index.
Macheers and his wife, Diane, have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Charles + Macheers + Kansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Kansas House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Kansas state legislative districts
- Kansas State Legislature
- Rep. Macheers' website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Charles Macheers on Facebook
- Charles Macheers on Twitter
- Campaign Contributions: 2012
- "macheers," Official Campaign Website
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed September 15, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidates for the 2014 General (unofficial)," accessed September 15, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidates for the 2012 primary (unofficial)," accessed June 26, 2012
- C-SPAN, "Kansas - Summary Vote Results," accessed August 7, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Macheers, Charles," accessed June 13, 2013
- Kansas Policy Institute, "Freedom Index," accessed March 31, 2014
- 2013 Kansas Policy Index
Owen Donohoe (R)
|Kansas House of Representatives District 39
| Succeeded by|
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |