Charles E. Meier
|Charles E. Meier|
|Illinois House of Representatives District 108|
|2013 - Present|
|January 14, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Member, Washington County Board|
Meier served six years on the Washington County Board.
Meier's professional experience includes working as a farmer.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Meier served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture & Conservation|
|• Economic Development|
|• Small Business Empowerment & Workforce Development|
Meier's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Excerpt: "When you have a bad year on the farm or in your business, you don't go out and spend more money. You figure out what you need to cut, where you can improve your income and how you are going to balance your budget to make your payments for the next year."
- No New Taxes
- Excerpt: "This is what we need in Springfield, someone who will not raise your taxes, but continue to move forward on improvements."
- Expand Local Employment
- Excerpt: "As a member of the Washington County Board, Charlie worked to bring Prairie State Energy Campus to the Region."
- Save Illinois Jobs
- Excerpt: "This is what we need in Springfield, someone fighting for you and your jobs."
- Less Government Control
- Excerpt: "It seems all government employees have their own interpretation of what the laws mean. Doing business is not easy in Illinois."
Elections for the office of Illinois House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on March 18, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 2, 2013. Incumbent Charles E. Meier ran unopposed in the Republican primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
Meier won election in the 2012 election for Illinois House of Representatives District 108. Meier defeated Don W. Weber and District 102 incumbent Paul J. Evans in the March 20 Republican primary and defeated Daniel P. Polites (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 108, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Charles E. Meier||66.7%||33,552|
|Democratic||Daniel P. Polites||33.3%||16,786|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 108 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Charles E. Meier||38.3%||4,391|
Comprehensive donor information for Meier is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Meier raised a total of $155,160 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 24, 2013.
|Charles E. Meier's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Illinois State House, District 108||$155,160|
|Grand Total Raised||$155,160|
2012Meier won election to the Illinois House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Meier raised a total of $155,160.
|Illinois House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Charles E. Meier's campaign in 2012|
|Illinois Education Association||$48,000|
|Illinois Republican Party||$29,061|
|Illinois Farm Bureau||$11,065|
|Southwestern Area Council Aftcope||$5,000|
|Illinois Federation of Teachers||$5,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$155,160|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Legislators are scored on their votes on bills that "impacted the social work profession and their clients."
- Legislators are scored on their stances on conservative issues.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Charles + Meier + Illinois + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Illinois House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Illinois State Legislature
- Illinois state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Profile from Open States
- Charlie Meier For Illinois State Rep Facebook page
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Illinois House, "Rep. Meier," accessed March 3, 2014
- Campaign website, Fresh Ideas
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Illinois Board of Elections, "General Primary Election Official Canvass," April 18, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Candidate List," accessed December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed May 14, 2014
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed January 18, 2013
- followthemoney.org, "Meier, Charles E," accessed July 24, 2013
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed August 13, 2014
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed August 13, 2014
David Reis (R)
|Illinois House of Representatives District 108
| Succeeded by|
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |