|Massachusetts House of Representatives Twenty-First Middlesex|
|1997 - 2013|
|Majority Whip, Massachusetts House of Representatives|
|2011 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Master's||Harvard University, 2002|
|J.D.||Vermont Law School, 1990|
|Place of birth||Boston, MA|
|Profession||President, Critical Environment Management Solutions, Inc|
Murphy is President of Critical Environment Management Solutions, Incorporated. He previously served as an attorney for Murphy and Randall, Gibson and Behman Professional Corporation, McGlaughlin and Folan Professional Corporation, and was a Captain, Judge Advocate in the United States Marine Corps.
Murphy is a member of the American Bar Association, Massachusetts Bar Association, American Legion, Knights of Columbus, and the United States Marine Corps League, Burlington Detachment.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Murphy has yet to be appointed to any committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Murphy served on the following committees:
- Ways and Means (Chair)
Murphy is unopposed in the Democratic primary on September 6.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives General Election, Twenty-first Middlesex District (2010)|
|Charles Murphy (D)||11,491|
On November 4, 2008, Murphy won re-election for the Massachusetts House of Representatives election for the Twenty-First Middlesex district. In this election he raised $26,935-; of that total $22,910- (85.1%) was from in state contributions, $1,000- (3.7%) was from out of state contributions, and $3,025 (11.2%) was from unknown source.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives - Twenty-First Middlesex district|
|Twenty-First Middlesex (D)||15,472|
In 2010, Murphy received $455,235 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed below.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Charles Murphy's campaign in 2010|
|Kearney, Bernadette L||$1,500|
|Massachusetts Association Of Insurance Agents||$1,500|
|Bassett, Peter J||$1,000|
|Massachusetts Organization Of State Engineers & Scientists||$1,000|
|Massachusetts Association Of Realtors||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$455,235|
Murphy raised $26,935 in the 2008 election cycle.
His major contributors are listed below.
|20 different donors||$500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Charles + Murphy + Massachusetts + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Charles Murphy's personal website
- Massachusetts House of Representatives - Rep. Charles Murphy
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Charles Murphy on Facebook
- Charles Murphy on LinkedIn
- [http://www.bostonherald.com/news/politics/view/20120624after_rise_and_fall_rep_charles_murphy_to_step_down_join_info-tech_firm/ After rise and fall, Rep. Charles Murphy to step down, join info-tech firm, "Boston Herald," accessed June 28, 2012
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Murphy
- 2012 State Primary Candidate List, "Massachusetts Secretary of State," accessed June 27, 2012
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes - For Massachusetts State Election - November 2, 2010," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes For Massachusetts State Election - November 4, 2008," accessed March 18, 2014
- Follow the Money 2008
- Follow the Money, "Massachusetts 2010 - Candidates," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts House donor numbers
|Massachusetts House of Representatives Middlesex 21
| Succeeded by|
Kenneth I. Gordon (D)
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |