|Michigan House of Representatives District 35|
|Bachelor's||University of Findlay|
Roddis is an accountant with the River Rouge school district, with a B.A. in Accounting and Mathematics from the University of Findlay. He previously worked as a financial employee of the State of Ohio, and as an operations manager. He is a middle and high school swimming coach, as well as a volunteer for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
Roddis' website highlights the following campaign themes:
Fighting For Jobs
- Excerpt: "State government’s #1 priority must be jobs. Investing in transportation, education and technology, will create better-paying jobs and get our economy moving again. We must also expand community colleges and vocational training to help prepare workers for new high-tech jobs."
Protecting The Middle Class And Seniors
- Excerpt: "As a father, I have worked hard to provide for my family. We must stop playing politics with workers’ pensions and repeal Governor Snyder’s retirement tax. And we must help working families get ahead instead of giving billion dollar tax breaks to big corporations."
Strengthening Public Schools
- Excerpt: "As the Finance Director of a struggling school district, I worked hard to turn things around so teachers could keep their jobs and children would have a chance. Let’s stop the Republican’s cuts to education and restore funding now."
- Excerpt: "Michigan has the 5th highest tax on gasoline but we rank near the bottom for the least spending on roads. We must prioritize funding and get serious about fixing roads. It will attract new jobs and keep us safe."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on August 5, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Nicole Brown, Darryle Buchanan, Jeremy Moss and Charles Roddis face off in the Democratic primary. Robert Brim is unopposed in the Republican primary.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 35 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Rudy Hobbs Incumbent||57.3%||7,405|
|Jenifer Marlene Franklin||28.6%||3,693|
Roddis is the son of school teachers; his father taught science while his mother taught second grade. He and his wife, Erin, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Charles + Roddis + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 35
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Charles Roddis on Facebook
- Project Vote Smart, "Charles Roddis's Biography," accessed August 2, 2012
- Vote411, "Michigan House District 035," accessed August 2, 2012
- charlesroddis.com, "Official campaign website," accessed July 28, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Michigan Department of State, "2012 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed June 6, 2012
- Associated Press, "Michigan - Summary Vote Results," accessed August 7, 2012
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |