Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|California State Assembly District 1|
was a 2012 Libertarian
candidate for District 1
of the California State Assembly
Hooper's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Nevada County is blessed with an abundance of quality public charter schools. I’ve seen what a good job they can do with limited funds because the teachers, principals, and parents are motivated."
- Excerpt: "The California state government makes life difficult for public schools, promising a certain amount of money per child, then threatening to change that amount during the school year, and then finally not paying that money until months and months later."
- Excerpt: "Government bailouts are corporate welfare and lead to crony capitalism. The economic system can’t allow some people to make money without also letting other people lose money."
- Excerpt: "Fortified borders with armed border guards will only keep out the good immigrants, while the bad ones will always get in."
- Excerpt: "Of course there are some good regulations. However, California has long been among America's most extensive taxers and regulators of business."
- See also: California State Assembly elections, 2012
Hooper ran in the 2012 election for California State Assembly District 1. He was eliminated in the primary on June 5, 2012. The general election took place on November 6, 2012. 
|California State Assembly, District 1 Blanket Primary, 2012
|| Charley Hooper
|| David Edwards
Hooper is married and has two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Charley + Hooper + California + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found