|Georgia State Senate District 54|
|January 11, 2011 - Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Georgia (1998)|
|J.D.||University of Georgia (2001)|
Bethel runs a private law practice in his home town of Dalton. He previously worked for the firm of Minor, Bell & Neal, and clerked for two years for U.S. District Court Judge Charles A. Pannell, Jr. Bethel also serves on the Board of Trustees of the Dalton Education Foundation and is a deacon at his local church.
He received his B.A. and J.D. degrees from the University of Georgia.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Bethel served on the following committees:
|Georgia Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Reapportionment and Redistricting, Vice Chair|
|• Government Oversight|
|• Insurance and Labor|
|• Judiciary Non-Civil|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Bethel served on the following committees:
|Georgia Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Insurance and Labor|
|• Reapportionment and Redistricting|
|• Special Judiciary|
- See also: Georgia State Senate elections, 2012
Bethel ran in the 2012 election for Georgia State Senate District 53. Bethel ran unopposed in the Republican primary on July 31, 2012. No Democratic candidate filed to run for this seat. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.  Bethel ran unopposed in the general election. 
|Georgia State Senate, District 54, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Charlie Bethel Incumbent||100%||39,819|
- See also: Georgia State Senate elections, 2010
Bethel was unopposed in the November 2nd election. No Democrats filed to run for the seat.
| Georgia State Senate, District 54 |
2010 General election results
|Charlie Bethel (R)||24,365||100.0%|
Bethel defeated Steve Brannon in the July 20 primary.
|Georgia State Senate, District 54 - Republican Primary (2010)|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, when Bethel was elected for the first time, he received $59,733 in campaign contributions.
His largest contributors were:
|Friends for Chip Rogers||$2,000|
|Friends of Tommie Williams||$2,000|
|Cowsert for Senate||$2,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Charlie + Bethel + Georgia + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Increased investment could mean stronger retirement fund - Calhountimes
- Severe Weather For Oklahoma, Kansas Expected In The Wake Of Destructive ... - Huffington Post
- Report from lawmakers on General Assembly - The Daily Citizen
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Bethel and his wife Lynsey have two children.
- Charlie Bethel campaign website
- Georgia State Senate - Charlie Bethel
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- ↑ Georgia Secretary of State Elections Division "Candidate List" Accessed May 29, 2012
- ↑ Georgia Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- ↑ Georgia Elections Division "2012 Election Results" Accessed November 16, 2012
- ↑ Georgia Secretary of State - 2010 Election results
- ↑ Georgia Secretary of State, "Official Results of the Tuesday, July 20, 2010 General Primary Election"
- ↑ Follow the Money, "2010 Contributions to Charlie Bethel," accessed July 7, 2011.
|Georgia Senate District 54
| Succeeded by|