Charlie White trial delayed till September
INDIANAPOLIS, Indiana: An Indiana judge has delayed the start of Republican Secretary of State Charlie White's voter fraud trial from August 8 till September 12, due to a request by the Indiana Democratic Party to review last month's decision that White did nothing wrong. Democratic Chairman Dan Parker said June's outcome deserves a second look.
According to the Courier Journal, White's attorney Dennis Zahn won't be finished reviewing evidence in time to proceed on the original date.
If White is convicted on Sept. 12, he will automatically lose his office.
- Indiana Secretary of State
- Indiana Secretary of State election, 2010
- Charlie White's voter registration ruled valid by Recount Commission
- Indiana Secretary of State-elect ruled eligible for office
- Bi-partisan Prosecution Selected in Case Against White