|Chipman "Chip" Flowers, Jr.|
|January 2011 - Present|
|Years in position||3|
|Predecessor||Velda Jones-Potter (D)|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Pennsylvania|
|Master's||Harvard University (MPA)/Georgetown University (MBA)|
|Profession||Attorney; Political Analyst|
Flowers is seeking re-election as state treasurer in the 2014 elections.
Before becoming treasurer, Flowers ran Flowers Counsel Group, LLC, which he founded in 2006. The firm specializes in mergers, acquisitions, procurement law, and advising businesses on contractual agreements for major purchases. Flowers has also worked as a Democratic political analyst for the news program Delaware Tonight on WHYY-TV, and as a staff attorney for the firm of Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom, LLP. Flowers holds an M.P.A. from Harvard University, an M.B.A. and J.D. from Georgetown University, and a bachelor's degree from the University of Pennsylvania.
- 2006: John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University, MPA
- 2000: Georgetown University, JD/MBA
- 1996: University of Pennsylvania, BA, Economics
- 1992: Vicenza American High School
Flowers is running for re-election in 2014. He is seeking the Democratic nomination in the September 9 primary. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
Flowers was elected as Delaware Treasurer on November 2, 2010.
|Delaware Treasurer, 2010|
|Election Results Via: Delaware Commissioner of Elections|
Comprehensive donor information for Flowers is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Flowers raised a total of $377,955 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 8, 2013.
|Chip Flowers's Campaign Contribution History|
|Grand Total Raised||$377,955|
Ballotpedia collects information on campaign donors for each year in which a candidate or incumbent is running for election. The following table offers a breakdown of Chip Flowers's donors each year. Click [show] for more information.
|Chip Flowers's Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$140,035 (Rep.)|
|Top 5 contributors||Chipman L. Flowers Jr.||$204,769|
|Flowers for Treasurer||$56,170|
|Food and Commercial Workers Local 27||$1,400|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Chip + Flowers + Delaware + Treasurer"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Delaware down ballot state executive elections, 2014
- Delaware Treasurer
- Governor of Delaware
- Lieutenant Governor of Delaware
- Chip Flowers for Treasurer 2014 Official campaign website
- Official website
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Facebook page
- Twitter account
- YouTube account
- Delaware Treasury Department, "Treasurer's Biography" accessed October 3, 2012
- Chip Flowers, "About Chip" accessed October 3, 2012
- Office of the Delaware Treasurer, "Treasurer's Biography," accessed August 10, 2011
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography" accessed October 3, 2012
- Flowers for Treasurer Facebook Page, "Info" accessed October 3, 2012
- Follow the Money, "Career fundraising for Chip Flowers, Jr.," accessed July 8, 2013
- Follow the Money.org
Velda Jones-Potter (D)
2011 - present
| Succeeded by|
State of Delaware
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Secretary of Education | Insurance Commissioner | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources and Environmental Control | Secretary of Labor | Delaware Public Service Commission |