Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Kentucky House of Representatives District 16|
|High school||Logan County High School|
|Place of birth||Russellville, Kentucky|
Hightower was involved in his family's construction business prior to the housing crisis of 2006.
Hightower's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Protect Our Rights & Liberty
- Excerpt:"Chris will diligently guard the right to life, and work to restore prosperity by opposing job killing over-regulation, federal overreach and government control of our property."
- Excerpt:"Chris will never vote for a budget that isn’t balanced. We simply cannot continue to spend more than we take in."
Tax Reform Leads To Jobs
- Excerpt:"Chris will introduce more tax and fiscal sanity solutions essential to allow our economy to expand."
Protect The Second Amendment
- Excerpt:"Chris will always vote to safeguard our right to self-defense."
- Excerpt:"Chris will introduce legislation to enact term limits and end the legislators’ pension, which subsidizes career politicians. Leading by example, he will limit himself to two terms and not participate in the pension."
Hightower ran in the 2012 election for Kentucky House of Representatives District 16. He defeated Kent Wilson in the Republican primary on May 22, 2012, and was defeated by incumbent Martha Jane King (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Kentucky House of Representatives, District 16, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Martha King Incumbent||54.3%||8,143|
|Kentucky House of Representatives, District 16 Republican Primary, 2012|
Hightower and his wife LaDonna have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Chris + Hightower + Kentucky + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Chris Hightower on Facebook
- Chris Hightower on Twitter
- Chris Hightower on YouTube
State of Kentucky
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | State Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor Cabinet | Chairman of Public Services |