Chris Lette recall, Udall, Kansas (2010)
- Votes to recall Lette: 88
- Votes to keep Lette: 178
Udall was elected to be the city's mayor in 2008 with no opposition.
Reasons given for recall
Gina Hoffman, a spokesperson for the Udall Recall Committee, said, "Since Mr. Lette has been in office, at least seven employees have left, some with more than 10 years of experience, items have been purchased without the vote of council, and (the Kansas Open Meeting Act) has been violated numerous times."
Path to the ballot
In order to qualify the recall vote for the ballot, organizers had to collect 32 valid signatures. 81 signatures were submitted to force the recall election.
- Political recall efforts, 2010
- Recall campaigns in Kansas
- Mayoral recalls
- Cowley County, Kansas ballot measures
- Associated Press, "Udall to conduct August recall election for mayor," June 2, 2010
- Nebraska TV, "Udall to conduct August recall election for mayor," June 2, 2010
- Winfield Daily Courier, "‘The citizens came to us,’ Udall petitioner says," June 3, 2010
- Winfield Daily Courier, "Petition to recall Udall mayor filed," June 1, 2010