|Mississippi State Senate, District 1|
|2012 - present|
|January 3, 2016|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Profession||Vice President, Massey Home Builders|
Massey attended Northwest Community College, receiving a Realtor's License. His professional experience includes serving as Vice President of Massey Home Builders.
In the 2012-2013 legislative session, Massey served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Housing, Vice Chair|
|• Highways and Transportation|
|• Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks|
- See also: Mississippi State Senate elections, 2011
Massey ran in the 2011 election for Mississippi Senate District 1. He defeated incumbent Doug Davis in the primary on August 2, 2011, and faced no opposition in the general election. The general election took place on November 8, 2011.
|Mississippi State Senate, District 1 Republican Primary, 2011|
|Doug Davis Incumbent||47.8%||3,513|
In 2011, Massey received $69,164 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Mississippi State Senate 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Chris Massey's campaign in 2011|
|LLC Enterprises LLC||$10,000|
|Bailey, Gary C & Cindy Cason||$10,000|
|D O A Corp||$5,000|
|Home Builders Association Of Mississippi||$5,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$69,164|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the Legislature was in session from January 7 through April 2.
- Business and Industry Political Education Committee: Legislator "Business and Jobs" Report Card
- Legislators are scored on "economic growth, jobs and other broad job-related issues."
Massey and his wife, Cathy Herron, have three children. Massey has been the President of the Home Builders Association of Mississippi.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Chris + Massey + Mississippi + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Mississippi State Legislature
- Mississippi State Senate
- Senate Committees
- Joint Committees
- Mississippi state legislative districts
- Mississippi Department of State, 2011 Official State Senate Candidate List
- Follow the Money, "2011 Campaign Contributions," accessed May 15, 2014
- StateScape, "Session Schedules," accessed July 29, 2014
- Business and Industry Political Education Committee, "Legislator 'Business & Jobs' Report Card - 2014 Legislative Session," accessed August 30, 2014
|Mississippi State Senate District 1
| Succeeded by|