Chris McDaniel (Kentucky)
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Running for Lieutenant Governor of Kentucky|
|Kentucky State Senate District 23|
|January 1, 2013 - Present|
|January 1, 2017|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next primary||May 19, 2015|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|High school||Covington Latin School|
|Bachelor's||The Citadel (1997)|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Years of service||1997 – 2000|
|Place of birth||Covington, Kentucky|
McDaniel's professional experience includes owning McD Concrete in Alexandria.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, McDaniel served on the following committees:
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, McDaniel served on the following committees:
|Kentucky Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Appropriations and Revenue|
|• Licensing, Occupations and Administrative Regulations|
|• State and Local Government|
|• Veterans, Military Affairs, and Public Protection|
McDaniel's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"I realize that the only way to create jobs is to provide an environment where you can attract and retain businesses."
- Excerpt:"Consequently, we must keep taxes low while maintaining a high level of services. To accomplish this, I will focus on reducing our corporate and personal tax rates."
- Excerpt:" I will demand fiscal restraint from the State Senate and refuse to vote for new spending without ensuring that it is completely funded and that other areas of spending are cut."
Donor Region Status
- Excerpt:"I will fight to ensure that we decrease the amount of our hard earned money that is being siphoned off by other regions so that we can more completely fund our infrastructure and our education system."
- Excerpt:"In order to be successful in a global economy we must have a well trained and educated workforce. This extends from our primary schools through the universities and the technical colleges. The best way to do this is to permit local control of schools and to allow competition to be introduced into the education system whereby the best performing schools are permitted to succeed and the lower performing schools are forced to change or close their doors."
Seven state executive offices in Kentucky are up for election in 2015. The general election will be held on November 3, 2015, following a primary election on May 19, 2015. The following sections summarize filed candidates running for each state executive office on the ballot:
Fourth quarter report (2014)
Comprehensive donor information for this election has been collected from the state's campaign finance authority. Based on available campaign finance records, the candidates raised a raised a total of $880,190.47 and spent a total of $545,733.73 during this reporting period. This information was last updated on February 3, 2015.
|Campaign Contributions and Expenditures|
|Candidate||Office||Beginning balance||Contributions||Expenditures||Ending balance|
|James Comer, Jr./Chris McDaniel||Kentucky Governor/Lieutenant Governor||$477,656.47||$548,043.60||$152,225.21||$873,474.86|
|Jack Conway/Sannie Overly||Kentucky Governor/Lieutenant Governor||$978,044.51||$176,042||$202,290.91||$951,795.60|
|Hal Heiner/K.C. Crosbie||Kentucky Governor/Lieutenant Governor||$3,502,534.91||$156,104.87||$191,217.61||$3,467,422.17|
|Matt Bevin/Jenean Hampton||Kentucky Governor/Lieutenant Governor||$0||$0||$0||$0|
|Drew Curtis/Heather Curtis||Kentucky Governor/Lieutenant Governor||$0||$0||$0||$0|
|Will T. Scott/Rodney Coffey||Kentucky Governor/Lieutenant Governor||$0||$0||$0||$0|
|Geoff Young/Johnathan Masters||Kentucky Governor/Lieutenant Governor||$0||$0||$0||$0|
|Grand Total Raised||$880,190.47|
|Grand Total Spent||$545,733.73|
- See also: Kentucky State Senate elections, 2012
McDaniel won election in the 2012 election for Kentucky State Senate District 23. He defeated Will Terwort in the Republican primary on May 22, 2012, and defeated James Noll (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Kentucky State Senate, District 23, General Election, 2012|
|Kentucky State Senate, District 23 Republican Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for McDaniel is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, McDaniel raised a total of $145,007 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 11, 2013.
|Chris McDaniel's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Kentucky State Senate, District 23||$145,007|
|Grand Total Raised||$145,007|
2012McDaniel won election to the Kentucky State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, McDaniel raised a total of $145,007.
|Kentucky State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Chris McDaniel (Kentucky)'s campaign in 2012|
|Senate Republican Caucus Campaign Cmte||$13,000|
|Associated General Contractors||$1,500|
|Kentucky Medical Association||$1,250|
|Kentucky Concrete Industry||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$145,007|
|Source:Follow the Money|
McDaniel and his wife have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Chris + McDaniel + Kentucky + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Open offices draw big names, new faces to Kentucky state executive elections in 2015
- Kentucky General Assembly
- Kentucky State Senate
- Kentucky Senate Committees
- Kentucky Joint Committees
- Kentucky state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Chris McDaniel on Facebook
- Chris McDaniel on Twitter
- Chris McDaniel on YouTube
- Campaign Contributions: 2012
- Cincinnati.com, "Election in 2015 shaping up to be big for NKY," November 11, 2014
- cn|2, "Jim Bunning endorses Chris McDaniel in 23rd state Senate primary," January 2, 2012
- "mcdanielforsenate," Official Campaign Website
- Kentucky Registry of Election Finance, "Candidate Search Results," accessed February 3, 2015
- Kentucky Secretary of State, "Official 2012 General Election Results," accessed January 7, 2015
- Kentucky Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Election Results
- followthemoney.org, "McDaniel, Chris," accessed June 11, 2013
- Kentucky Politics, "Kentucky Right to Life endorses Chris McDaniel," May 2, 2012
Jack Westwood (R)
|Kentucky State Senate District 23
| Succeeded by|
State of Kentucky
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | State Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor Cabinet | Chairman of Public Services |