Iowa State Senate, District 25
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2010
In the June 8 primary election, McGonegle defeated opponent Larry Aden by a margin of 2,429 to 1,025.
|Iowa State Senate, District 25 - Republican Primary (2010)|
On his campaign website, McGonegle outlined these issues as his five main concerns:
- Taxpayer protection - "I know government spending is out of control. I believe your paycheck is best spent, saved, and invested by you; not the government. Reducing the tax burden on all taxpayers will encourage more people to call Iowa home!"
- Helping businesses flourish in Iowa - "I will work to remove regulations that make it tough to run your business. I will also look for a long term approach to creating jobs in Iowa, not more quick- fix government programs."
- Getting back to the top in education - "I will work to stop the backwards slide our State is currently in. I will push for individual school decisions to be made at the local level, not by out of touch bureaucrats in Des Moines."
- Balance the budget on time - "Iowa families balance their budgets at home every month so why should the State be any different? I will demand accountability and transparency for how our tax dollars are spent."
- Help agriculture grow - "Agriculture is part of Iowa's culture. It is not just an occupation in this state but a family tradition that is the constant driving force to our economy. I believe we must support our agricultural communities and encourage private investment to expand the markets."