|California State Assembly District 72|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Fullerton City Council|
|Bachelor's||Occidental College (1972)|
|Master's||California State University, Fullteron (1989)|
Norby previously served as the Fourth District Supervisor of Orange County, California.
Before his election to the Orange County Board of Supervisors, Norby served on the Fullerton City Council from 1984 to 2004. He also served as Mayor of Fullerton for three years.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Norby served on these committees:
- Appropriations Committee, California General Assembly
- Education Committee, California General Assembly, Vice Chair
- Legislative Audit Committee, California Legislature
- Local Government Committee, California General Assembly
- Transportation Committee, California General Assembly
Norby ran for re-election in the 2012 election for California State Assembly District 65. Due to redistricting following the 2010 census, he was displaced from District 72. He and Sharon Quirk-Silva (D) advanced past the blanket primary on June 5, 2012. He was subsequently defeated in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|California State Assembly, District 65, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Chris Norby Incumbent||48%||63,576|
|California State Assembly, District 72 General Election (2010)|
|Chris Norby (R)||68,751|
|Esiquio Ramos Uballe (D)||36,534|
|Jane Rands (G)||6,845|
The primary for the seat made vacant by Michael Duvall's resignation took place on November 17, 2009. Norby faced two challengers for the Republican nomination, Republican activist Linda Ackerman and political newcomer Richard Faher.
- Chris Norby: 63%
- John MacMurray: 31%
- Jane Rands: 6%
In 2010, Norby raised $114,636 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|California Association Of Realtors||$11,700|
|Prime Healthcare Anaheim||$3,900|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Chris + Norby + California + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- California State Legislature
- California State Assembly
- California Assembly Committees
- California state legislative districts
- Chris Norby campaign website
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile of Chris Norby
- Project Vote Smart bio of Chris Norby
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Los Angeles Times, "Chris Norby is first but faced runoff in 72nd Assembly District," November 17, 2009
- Los Angeles Times, "Chris Norby outlines goals as Orange County's new state assemblyman," January 14, 2010
- California Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed March 13, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary election results," accessed March 13, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Official 2012 General election results," accessed March 13, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed March 13, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
|California State Assembly District 72
| Succeeded by|
Travis Allen (R)