|Texas House of Representatives, District 9|
|January 13, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Paddie served on the following committees:
|Texas Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Energy Resources|
|• Land & Resource Management|
Paddie's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Protect the Right to Bear Arms
- Excerpt:"Chris believes that in order to preserve our liberty, we must defend the right to bear arms. Chris will fight any effort by government to take away this right granted to us by the Constitution."
Defend Private Property Rights
- Excerpt:"For most of us, buying land or a home is the largest investment we’ll ever make in our lives. As our State Representative, Chris will do whatever it takes to protect our private property rights from eminent domain abuse."
- Excerpt:"Chris understands that government doesn’t create jobs, the private sector does. And he will fight to reduce regulations and cut taxes that prevent employers from keeping East Texans on the job."
Stop Illegal Immigration
- Excerpt:"Chris supports requiring business to verify the immigration status of their employees and greater penalties for companies that knowingly employ illegal immigrants. And he will vote to eliminate “in-state” tuition for illegal immigrants at Texas colleges and universities."
- Excerpt:"as our State Representative, Chris will always be on the side of pro-life advocates because he believes we must do everything we can to protect our most precious gifts from God."
Elections for the office of Texas House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on March 4, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 9, 2013. Incumbent Chris Paddie was unopposed in the Republican primary and is unchallenged in the general election.
Paddie won election in the 2012 election for Texas House of Representatives, District 9. Paddie defeated incumbent Wayne Christian in the May 29 primary election and defeated write-in candidate John McIntyre in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 9, General Election, 2012|
|Texas House of Representatives District 9 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Wayne Christian Incumbent||47.8%||8,558|
Comprehensive donor information for Paddie is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Paddie raised a total of $360,301 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 19, 2013.
|Chris Paddie's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Texas State House, District 9||$360,301|
|Grand Total Raised||$360,301|
2012Paddie won election to the Texas House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Paddie raised a total of $360,301.
|Texas House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Chris Paddie's campaign in 2012|
|Texas Association Of Realtors||$35,173|
|Perry, Bob J||$20,000|
|Kevin Eltife Campaign||$15,000|
|Texas Parent PAC||$13,000|
|Davis Chemical Services LLC||$12,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$360,301|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Empower Texans Fiscal Responsibility Index
Empower Texans produces the Fiscal Responsibility Index as "a measurement of how lawmakers perform on size and role of government issues." The index uses "exemplar votes on core budget and free enterprise issues that demonstrate legislators' governing philosophy." Legislators were graded along a 0 through 100 scale in 2013 and on an A through F grading scale in 2011.
Paddie received a score of 55.5 in the 2013 Fiscal Responsibility Index.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Chris + Paddie + Texas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Texas House of Representatives Office Website
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Chris Paddie on Facebook
- Chris Paddie on Twitter
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- chrispaddie.com - Issues
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 March Primary Election Candidate Filings by County", accessed March 4, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 Democratic Party Primary Election," accessed April 9, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 Republican Party Primary Election," accessed April 9, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State - 2012 Election and Candidate Information
- Texas Secretary of State, "1992 - Current Election History," accessed February 17, 2014
- Office of the (Texas) Secretary of State, "Race Summary Report," accessed July 12, 2012
- Texas Secretary of State, "November 6, 2012 General Election Candidates," accessed September 7, 2012
- Follow the Money, "Paddie, Chris," accessed July 19, 2013
- Empower Texans, "Fiscal Responsibility Index," accessed February 22, 2014
Wayne Christian (R)
|Texas House District 9
| Succeeded by|
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |