Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Vermont Secretary of State|
- Graduated from Spaulding High School (1982)
- Honors degree, Harvard University (1986) in government
- Juris Doctorate, Cornell Law School (1989)
Shortly after receiving his law degree, he worked as a law clerk for the Honorable Albert Coffrin of the United States District Court for the District of Vermont. In 1990, Roy joined the private practice firm of Downs, Rachlin, & Martin PLLC as an attorney focusing on all aspects of commercial and property-related litigation in both state and federal courts on behalf of individuals and businesses.
- Member, Vermont Environmental Board
- Member, Vermont Advisory Committee to the United States Commission on Civil Rights
- Member, Leadership team for the Vermont Lake Champlain Quadricentennial Commission
- Member, Williston Selectboard
- Delegate, National Republican Convention (2000 and 2008)
- Chairman, Williston Town Republican Committee
- Vice-Chair, Burlington City Republican Committee
|2010 Race for Secretary of State - Republican Primary|
|Republican Party||Jason Gibbs||56.3%|
|Republican Party||Chris Roy||42.9%|
Roy has lived in Williston, Vermont for the past sixteen years with his wife, Lisa Gendron. The couple has had three children together.
The Internet Archive's Wayback Machine was used to recall this version of the website from February 1, 2010.