|Pennsylvania State House District 9|
|1995 - Present|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||18|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Youngstown State University, 1982|
|Place of birth||New Castle, PA|
Sainato earned his BS in Educational-Social Services from Youngstown State University in 1982. He then worked as District Representative/Congressional Aide for United States Congressman Joe Kolter from 1983 to 1993.
Sainato joined the Pennsylvania House of Representatives in 1995. He has served in that position since, representing the 9th District.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Sainato served on the following committees:
|Pennsylvania Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Veterans Affairs & Emergency Preparedness, Democratic Chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Sainato served on these committees:
|Pennsylvania Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Local Government|
|• Professional Licensure|
|• Veterans Affairs & Emergency Preparedness|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Sainato served on these committees:
|Pennsylvania Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Consumer Affairs|
|• Gaming Oversight|
|• Tourism & Recreational Development|
Sainato ran in the 2012 election for Pennsylvania House District 9. Sainato ran unchallenged in the Democratic primary on April 24 and defeated Jason Murtha (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012. 
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 9, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Chris Sainato Incumbent||58.1%||13,791|
Sainato won re-election to the 9th District Seat in 2010. He was unopposed in bot the May 18 Democratic primary and the November 2 general election.
|Pennsylvania State House, District 9|
|Chris Sainato (D)||15,452||100.0%|
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 9|
|Chris Sainato (D/R)||24,294||100.00%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Sainato raised $60,295 during the 2010 election cycle.
His top contributors are listed below.
|Shick, Carmen W||$2,000|
|Hartman, Dallas W||$1,500|
|Afscme Council 13||$1,150|
|Steamfitters Local 449||$1,000|
|Western Pennsylvania Laborers||$1,000|
Sainato is single.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Chris + Sainato + Pennsylvania + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New PennDOT website to outline road, bridge work - New Castle News
- Court upholds revised legislative maps - Timesonline.com
- John K. Manna: New legislative districts give advantage to local lawmakers - New Castle News
- Local officials keep hope alive for track - New Castle News
- Area colleges considering merger - New Castle News
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives - Rep. Sainato
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- ↑ Pennsylvania Department of State, Official Primary Results
- ↑ Pennsylvania Department of State, "2012 Primary Candidate List In Ballot Order," March 26, 2012
- ↑ 2010 general election results from the Pennsylvania Secretary of State's office
- ↑ Official 2008 state house election results from the Pennsylvania Department of State
- ↑ Follow the Money, 2010 campaign contributors to Chris Sainato
|Pennsylvania House Of Representatives District 9
| Succeeded by|
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |
Right to Know Law | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |