|Oregon State Senate District 27|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 6, 2012|
|Councilwoman, Bend City Council|
|Bachelor's||University of Denver|
|Birthday||January 2, 1950|
|Place of birth||Philadelphia, PA|
She ran for election to the office of State Treasurer in the 2010 election cycle.
Telfer is a Certified Public Accountant. She is also a professor at Central Oregon Community College.
Telfer earned her BS in Hotel and Restaurant Management/Business Administration from the University of Denver. She then did her Post-Graduate Work in Accounting for the University of Oregon.
- Finance and Revenue Committee, Oregon State Senate
- Redistricting Committee, Oregon State Senate
- Joint Legislative Audits and Information Management and Technology Committee, Oregon State Legislature
- Joint Tax Credits Committee, Oregon State Legislature
- Commerce and Workforce Development Committee, Oregon Senate
- Finance and Revenue Committee, Oregon Senate
- Human Services and Rural Health Policy Committee, Oregon Senate
On her 2012 campaign site, Telfer outlines her campaign themes:
- "Chris Telfer has lived, worked and raised her family in Oregon for the last 35 years. Over the years, Chris has tirelessly worked for better land use laws, improved transportation, affordable health care, fiscal conservatism, great schools and a sustainable quality of life for Oregon. Chris is known for tackling tough issues and utilizes strong, collaborative leadership to continue moving forward toward preserving the Oregon we know and love. In 2013 and beyond, Chris will continue her work as a voice of reason, your voice in Salem."
April 3, 2012
On April 3, 2012, the District 27 Republican candidates participated in a debate on KPOV sponsored by the League of Women Voters. Audio of the debate can be found here.
March 27, 2012
On March 27, 2012, the District 27 Republican candidates participated in a debate on COTV's "Talk of the Town." Coverage of the debate can be found here.
March 13, 2012
On March 13, 2012, the District 27 Republican candidates participated in a debate on KBND. Audio of the debate can be found here.
Telfer was the only voice of dissent in the Senate Committee of Finance and Revenue in mid-May 2011 as they approved a new program to assist low-income families in paying their electric bills. The cost comes to 35 cents each month for residential ratepayers under this measure, Senate Bill 863.
This program, called the Oregon Low-Income Energy Assistance Program, would require electricity companies to collect an additional $5 million from residents to apply toward payment of electricity for low-income families seeking assistance.
The bill would require energy companies to collectively contribute $5 million to the Housing and Community Services Department Low-Income Electric Bill Payment Assistance Fund, totaling $10 million over the two-year period.
- See also: Oregon State Senate elections, 2012
Telfer ran for re-election in 2012. She was defeated by Tim Knopp in the May 15, 2012 Republican primary. Geri Hauser (D) ran unopposed in the Democratic primary. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
|Oregon State Senate, District 27 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Chris Telfer Incumbent||31.8%||4,149|
On November 4, 2008, Telfer was elected to the 27th District Seat in the Oregon State Senate, besting Maren Lundgren (D).  Telfer raised $371,430 for his campaign, while Lundgren raised $27,594. 
|Oregon State Senate, District 27 (2008)|
|Chris Telfer (R)||42,061|
|Maren Lundgren (D)||28,379|
In 2008, Telfer collected $371,430 in donations.
These were the largest contributors.
|OREGON SENATE REPUBLICAN LEADERSHIP FUND||$87,347|
|FRIENDS OF TED FERRIOLI||$27,381|
|NOREGON VICTORY PAC||$20,000|
|ASSOCIATED OREGON LOGGERS||$10,000|
Telfer is divorced and has two children.
- Oregon Public Broadcasting, "Bend State Senate Race Pits Former House Majority Leader Against Incumbent," April 9, 2012
- Chris Telfer's personal website
- Chris Telfer, Twitter feed
- Oregon Secretary of State, 2012 Candidate Information, "Chris Telfer"
- Profile from the Oregon Senate website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008
- ↑ Oregon Capitol News, "Telfer questions Wheeler's experience in race for State Treasurer" October 7, 2010
- ↑ "Oregonians could see electricity rate increases to assist low-income residents," Oregon Capitol News, May 16, 2011
- ↑ Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Filings for the Senate," Accessed April 11, 2012
- ↑ Oregon Secretary of State, Official Primary Results
- ↑ 2008 election results, Oregon Senate
- ↑ Oregon Senate spending, 2008
- ↑ 2008 contributions
|Oregon State Senate District 27
| Succeeded by|
Tim Knopp (R)