Emanuel "Chris" Welch
|Emanuel "Chris" Welch|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 7|
|January 9, 2013 - Present|
|January 14, 2015|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Proviso West High School|
|Bachelor's||Northwestern University (1993)|
|J.D.||John Marshall Law School (1997)|
Welch earned his BS in Speech from Northwestern University in 1993. He went on to receive his JD from The John Marshall Law School in 1997. From 1991 to 1997, he was a weekend assignment editor for WGN-TV, Channel 9 News. He then worked as an associate for Sanchez, Daniels & Hoffman Limited Liability Partnership from 1997 to 2003. From 2003 to 2007, he was an Associate for James J. Roche & Associates. Welch has since been a partner at Sanchez/Daniels/Hoffman Limited Liability Partnership. He has also been Board President for the Proviso Township High School District since 2001.
Welch's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Help create new construction jobs by supporting capital development plans for road construction and school renovation projects"
- Excerpt: "Provide full and equal funding of public education while making the cost of education less dependent on real estate taxes"
- Excerpt: "Close gun show loopholes and stiffen penalties on crimes committed with a firearm"
- Excerpt: "Provide healthcare to all underprivileged children."
- Consumer Protection
- Excerpt: "Support strengthening the Consumer Fraud Act and protecting those who have been ripped off by car dealers and those taken advantage of by predatory lenders."
- Homeowner Assistance
- Excerpt: "Support programs to assist struggling homeowners with refinancing."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Welch served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Appropriations-Higher Education|
|• Health Care Availability Access|
|• Higher Education|
|• Small Business Empowerment & Workforce Development|
|• Transportation: Regulation, Roads & Bridges|
Welch won election in the 2012 election for Illinois House of Representatives District 7. Welch defeated Beyonca Johnson, Princess Dempsey and Rory Hoskins in the Democratic primary on March 20, 2012 and was unopposed in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 7, General Election, 2012|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 7 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Welch is married.
- Official campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Emanuel "Chris" Welch on Facebook
- Emanuel "Chris" Welch on Twitter
- Emanuel "Chris" Welch on LinkedIn
Karen Yarbrough (D)
|Illinois House of Representatives District 7
2013 – Present
| Succeeded by|
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |
Freedom of Information Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Sunshinereview:Illinois school districts A - L |
Sunshinereview:Illinois school districts M - Z |