|California Director of Industrial Relations|
|March 29, 2011 - Present|
|Years in position||2|
|Deputy Director of Industrial Relations|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed by||Gov. Jerry Brown (D)|
|Master's||University of California, Berkeley|
Baker has long been involved with labor issues. From 1984 to 1989 she served as chief of the Division of Labor Statistics and Research, was deputy director for the Division of Workers’ Compensation from 1990 to 1994, and executive officer of the California Commission on Health and Safety and Workers’ Compensation from when it began in 1994 until April 2011.
- Master’s degree and Ph.D. candidacy, School of Education, University of California, Berkeley
Director of Industrial Relations (2011-present)
Baker has served as the director of the department of Industrial Relations since she took over as interim on March 29, 2011. Gov. Jerry Brown (D) appointed her to the post in December 2011 and she was confirmed by the Senate in May 2012.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Christine + Baker + California + Labor"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Report Reveals Record-breaking Results for Labor Law Enforcement in California - PR Newswire (press release)
- Nurses Allege Violations of California Labor Laws - LawyersandSettlements.com
- Three California Contractors Fined A Total Of $1.8 Million For Willful ... - Mondaq News Alerts (registration)
- Labor Commissioner Cites Adult Care Facilities Nearly $600000 for Wage Theft ... - PR Newswire (press release)
- Calif. labor commissioner finds more than $1.5 million in wage theft from ... - CPA Practice Advisor
- Search local inventory, coupons and more - The Herald
- California Labor Commissioner Reaches Settlements Totaling over $600000 ... - PR Newswire (press release)
- Calif. care facility that employs Pinoys slapped with $1.6M citation for wage ... - Inquirer.net
- CALPASC Sees Commissioner's Announcement As "Warning" To Prime ... - The Herald
- Rhode Island Poised To Approve Gay Marriage - Huffington Post
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Appeals Board Reporter, "CHRISTINE BAKER APPOINTED CHIEF DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF THE DEPARTMENT OF INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS," accessed June 30, 2011.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 ' California Department of Industrial Relations, " Christine Baker," accessed February 6, 2013
- ↑ Insurance Journal, "Baker Appointed to Lead California Department of Industrial Relations," March 29, 2011.
|California Director of Industrial Relations
| Succeeded by|