|Montana State Senate District 41|
|2007 - Present|
|January 2, 2017|
|Years in position||6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 8, 2016|
|Term limits||8 years in any 16-year period|
|Montana State House of Representatives|
|Bachelor's||Goshen College, 1974|
|Master's||University of Montana, 1988|
|Birthday||December 25, 1951|
|Place of birth||Princeton, IL|
Kaufmann earned her BA from Goshen College in 1974. She went on to receive her MA from the University of Montana in 1988.
Kaufmann worked in Student Service for Goshen College from 1980 to 1985. She went on to work as Organizer/Lobbyist for the Montana Environmental Information Center from 1988 to 1990. She then worked as Environmental Specialist for the State of Montana from 1990 to 1992. She has been Executive Director for the Montana Human Rights Network since 1992.
Kaufmann was Vice Chair of the Lewis and Clark County Democratic Central Committee in 1998. She was also Vice Chair of the Democratic Control Committee from 1999 to 2000. She served in the Montana State House of Representatives from 2001 to 2007.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Kaufmann served on the following committees:
|Montana Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Legislative Administration|
|• Natural Resources|
|• Energy and Telecommunications|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Kaufmann served on these committees:
|Montana Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Natural Resources, Vice Chair|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Kaufmann served on these committees:
|Montana Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Natural Resources|
- See also: Montana State Senate elections, 2012
Kaufmann won re-election in the 2012 election for Montana State Senate, District 47. Kaufmann ran unopposed in the June 5 primary election and defeated Mark Perea (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Montana State Senate, District 41, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Christine Kaufmann Incumbent||61.3%||5,699|
|Montana State Senate, District 41 (2008)|
|Christime Kaufmann (D)||5,987|
|Bob Leach (R)||3,246|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2008, Kaufmann collected $51,460 in donations.
Her five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Lewis And Clark Democratic Action Club||$350|
|Ruth Anne Sexton||$260|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Christine + Kaufmann + Montana + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New law bolsters cost-saving 'medical homes' in Montana - Sidney Herald Leader
- A look back at the 63rd Legislative Session, pt.1 - Beartooth NBC
- Governor signs cancer treatment bill into law in Bozeman - The Bozeman Daily Chronicle
- Bullock signs bill to repeal decriminalizing gay sex - Independent Record - Helena Independent Record
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Kaufmann has a partner, Pat Kemp.
- Christine Kaufmann's official campaign website
- Christine Kaufmann's official Montana State Senate website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
|Montana Senate District 41
| Succeeded by|