|California State Senate District 39|
|Per diem||$141.86/day for each day in session|
|Elections and appointments|
|Term limits||2 terms (8 years)|
|California State Assembly|
|Bachelor's||State University of New York, Albany, 1977|
|Birthday||October 3, 1950|
|Place of birth||Troy, NY|
Kehoe's previous political experience includes two terms on the California State Assembly from 2000-2004. While in the state assembly, she was the Assembly Speaker Pro Tempore for a session. Kehoe also served on the San Diego City Council from 1993-2000 and was a member of the California Coastal Commission from 1997-2000.
Kehoe earned a B.A. from the State University of New York-Albany in 1977. She has worked as a Community Development Specialist in San Diego, as a legislative aide, as the executive director of the Hillcrest Business Association, as the coordinator of the San Diego AIDS Assistance Fund and as the editor of the San Diego Gayzette.
Capitol Weekly, California's major weekly periodical covering the state legislature, publishes an annual legislative scorecard to pin down the political or ideological leanings of every member of the legislature based on how they voted on an assortment of bills in the most recent legislative session. The 2009 scores were based on votes on 19 bills, but did not include how legislators voted on the Proposition 1A (2009). On the scorecard, "100" is a perfect liberal score and "0" is a perfect conservative score.
On the 2009 legislative scorecard, Christine Kehoe ranked as a 100. She was one of eight state senators the publication identified as voting in what they defined as a "liberal" way in every vote they ranked.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Kehoe served on these committees:
- Appropriations, Chair
- Subcommittee on Fiscal Oversight and Bonded Indebtedness, Chair
- Arts Committee, California Legislature
- Banking and Financial Institutions
- Emergency Management Committee, California Legislature, Chair
- Energy, Utilities and Communications
- Environmental Quality Committee, California State Senate
- Fisheries and Aquaculture Committee, California Legislature
- Governance and Finance Committee, California Senate
- Natural Resources and Water Committee, California Senate
- Rules Committee, California Legislature
- Transportation and Housing Committee, California Senate
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Kehoe served on these committees:
- Banking, Finance and Insurance
- Energy, Utilities and Communications
- Local Government
- Natural Resources and Water
- Transportation and Housing
- Joint Legislative Budget Committee, California Legislature
Kehoe was unable to run for re-election in 2012 due to term limits.
In 2008 Kehoe was re-elected to the California State Senate, District 39. She finished with 227,475 votes and was followed by Jeff Perwin with 108,606 votes and Jesse Thomas with 12,742 votes. Kehoe raised $579,558 for her campaign fund.
|California State Senate, District 39|
|Christine Kehoe (D)||227,475|
|Jeff Perwin (R)||108,606|
|Jesse Thomas (L)||12,742|
|California State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Christine Kehoe's campaign in 2010|
|Pathway Genomics Corp||$7,800|
|Southern California Edison||$6,500|
|California Professional Fire Fighters||$6,500|
|State Building & Construction Trades Council Of California||$5,300|
|California State Pipe Trades Council||$5,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$222,609|
Senator Kehoe speaks about redevelopment
In 2008 Kehoe raised $579,558 in campaign donations. Her top four donors are listed below.
|California Teachers Association||$14,400|
|California State Council of Service Employees||$14,400|
|Southwest Regional Council of Carpenters||$10,800|
Born in Troy, New York, Kehoe now lives in San Diego with her partner, Julie.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Christine + Kehoe + California + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Kehoe's campaign website
- Official website of State Senator Christine Kehoe
- Legislative profile of Christine Keho on Project Vote Smart
- Biographical profile of Christine Keho on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
- Christine Kehoe on Facebook
- Capitol Weekly, "Capitol Weekly's Legislative Scorecard," December 17, 2009
- Fox and Hounds Daily, "Random Thoughts on the Political Scene," December 18, 2009
- Capitol Weekly, "2009 Capitol Weekly State Legislative Scorecard (Archived)," accessed March 13, 2014
- Senate Appropriations committee membership list
- Senate standing committee on Banking, Finance and Insurance
- Senate Energy, Utilities and Communications committee membership
- Committee on Local Government
- Senate Natural Resources and Water committee membership
- Members of the Senate Transportation and Housing committee
- California State Senate official election result
- Campaign donors
|California State Senate District 39
| Succeeded by|
Martin Block (D)