|Nebraska State Senate District 7|
|Service/branch||United States Marine Corps|
|Years of service||4|
|Profession||Small business owner|
Geary's professional experience includes working as a small business owner of a martial arts school. He served in the United States Marine Corps from 1990 to 1994, earning an honorable discharge at the rank of Corporal (E-4).
Geary's campaign Facebook highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"I will work to help create jobs while balancing the state’s budget to ease the tax burden on families and businesses. This can be achieved by investments in value-added agricultural products, cutting wasteful spending and supporting entrepreneurship. I will make every effort to vote against any piece of legislation that would increase the state’s income or sales taxes."
- Excerpt:"I will provide careful, thoughtful guidance to resolve educational and achievement gap issues for our children. As a teacher of martial arts for 18 years, I understand the need for parents to be personally involved with their children. Without a strong foundation at home, children, whether residing in the inner city, suburb, or rural areas, are less likely to be successful."
- Excerpt:"One of the most important things in life is family. I want you to be assured that your Legislative Senator has spent his livelihood working hard to prevent crimes and sexual assaults against others. I will continue working hard for your safety on a state level in an attempt to reduce the threat of online predators and child molesters that prowl our streets. "
- Excerpt:"Nebraska’s economic future depends on finding ways to attract new industrial development. This will increase the number of jobs for Nebraskans, building a more prosperous economy. More businesses mean more jobs and people will have a reason to stay in Nebraska instead of moving out of state to pursue more promising career opportunities elsewhere."
- Excerpt:"Agriculture is essential to our state and the nation, and our state must remain productive and profitable through sustainable agriculture. Each of us depends on the vital farm sector to provide food. We also look to agriculture for renewable energy sources, the open lands that maintain scenic vistas, recreational opportunities and wildlife habitat."
- See also: Nebraska State Senate elections, 2012
Geary ran for election in the 2012 election for Nebraska State Senate District 7 of the Nebraska Unicameral. Geary advanced past the May 15 primary election and was defeated by incumbent Jeremy Nordquist in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Nebraska State Senate, District 7, General Election, 2012|
|Nonpartisan||Jeremy Nordquist Incumbent||70.1%||4,211|
|Nebraska State Senate District 7 Nonpartisan Primary Nonpartisan Primary, 2012|
|Jeremiah J. Nordquist Incumbent||72.7%||1,406|
|Christopher N. Geary||17.8%||345|
|Adrian S. Petrescu||9.5%||183|
Following the primary, Geary contacted Nordquist by e-mail, offering to remove his name from the general election ballot in exchange for payment of his campaign debts. Nordquist refused, and the legality of the proposal was questioned. Geary claimed that the Accountability and Disclosure Commission had given him the green light as long as campaign funds were not used, to which its executive director replied, "Rubbish." While state election law prohibits withdrawing from a primary election in exchange from money, it does not cover general elections. Douglas County attorney Don Kleine said that the proposal possibly fit the state bribery statute.
- See also: Nebraska gubernatorial election, 2010
Geary ran in the 2010 Nebraska gubernatorial election. He faced Paul Anderson and Dave Heineman in the May 11 Republican primary. Heiniman defeated Anderson and Geary.
|Nebraska Republican gubernatorial primary, 2010|
|Dave Heineman Incumbent||89.9%||152,931|
Geary is a 10th Degree Black Belt, the highest level of Black Belt and Grand Master. He is the second youngest Black Belt in the world and youngest person in the United States to ever achieve his rank. Geary has been inducted into four martial arts Halls of Fame.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Christopher + Geary + Nebraska + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Campaign Facebook page
- Geary's personal website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Christopher Geary on Facebook
- ↑ Christopher Geary 2012 on Facebook.com - Issues
- ↑ Nebraska Secretary of State - 2012 Candidate List for the Primary Election
- ↑ Nebraska Secretary of State, "Official Report of The Board of State Canvassers of the State of Nebraska - Primary Election, May 15, 2012," accessed 29 June 2012
- ↑ Omaha World-Herald, "Candidate offered to drop out -- for a price," September 20, 2012. Retrieved September 22, 2012.