Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 80|
Jones' website highlights the following campaign themes:
- "We need to welcome parents into our schools and teach them how to be involved in their child’s education. It is proven that when parents are involved in their child’s educations the results are positive."
- "We need to continue to support our Community Colleges and the programs they offer to help train students for new global and technology labor markets."
- "We need to fund schools properly and quit taking more and more funds from education each year. K-12 teachers are expected to be teacher, guidance counselor, nurse, social worker, to provide a secure environment, in addition to teaching common core standard curriculum."
- Excerpt:"We need to focus on developing more partnerships with our area high schools and the local businesses to help train students for the job force. Bringing in or developing new businesses in our county can also help our local community college."
- Excerpt:"I believe we need to focus on improving our infrastructure in Davidson County. The citizens of Davidson County pay their fair share of taxes and our people should have well maintained roads. Our water and sewer services should also be the top of the line."
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 80 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Jerry Dockham Incumbent||52.5%||5,432|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Christy + Jones + North Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |