City of Glendora Retail Areas Use Plan, Measure C (March 2009)
March 3, 2009 ballot for voters in the City of Glendora in Los Angeles County, California, where it was approved.
Measure C amended the City of Glendora’s Commercial Specific Plan (Glendora Municipal Code Chapter 21.08) to:
- Allow retail uses in Planning Area B
- Increase the building area that can be used for the additional retail uses in Planning Area B.
- These final election results are from the Los Angeles County election office.
Glendora attorney's analysis
According to analysis of Measure C prepared by Glendora's city attorney:
- Measure C proposes to amend the City of Glendora’s Commercial Specific Plan (Glendora Municipal Code Chapter 21.08) to allow retail uses in Planning Area B and to increase the building area that could be used for the additional retail uses in Planning Area B.
- Planning Area B generally comprises the area where the Hyundai automobile dealership was located in the Glendora Marketplace. Currently Planning Area B is zoned for automotive related uses. Measure C would amend the zoning code to permit additional retail uses such as restaurants, general retail, specialized retail, and department stores in Planning Area B.
- Currently Planning Area B is zoned to build a maximum of 30,000 square feet of building area. Measure C would amend the zoning code to allow building a maximum of 100,000 square feet of building area in Planning Area B.
- Measure C requires the owner of Planning Area B to pay to the City of Glendora a park mitigation fee up to the amount of $28,540.00, and to pay to the City of Glendora the owner’s fair share of any costs for traffic improvements needed to mitigate traffic impacts resulting from the planned restaurant and retail development