City of Imperial Beach Medical Marijuana Dispensaries Act, Measure S (November 2012)
Measure S would have permitted medical marijuana dispensaries to be located in the city ("in any commercial, mixed use, or industrial zone") as long as the dispensary "is not within 300 feet of another dispensary or 600 feet from a school."
Currently in Imperial Beach, medical marijuana dispensaries "involving more than three persons" are prohibited. Measure S would have repealed that ban.
Some specifics of Measure S included:
- It require dispensaries to comply with various operating requirements, including the installation of security cameras, alarm systems, and interior/exterior lighting.
- It specified that dispensaries may only provide medical marijuana to qualified patients and primary caregivers who are active, registered members of that particular dispensary.
- It required that all dispensary employees and operators must be qualified patients.
- It required dispensaries to maintain accurate patient records.
- On-site smoking of marijuana was permitted at dispensaries under Measure S.
- According to Measure S, a dispensary could sell "properly-labeled food and beverage items containing marijuana," but no alcohol could be sold on-site.
- Outdoor growing of marijuana at dispensaries was permitted under Measure S "as long as the marijuana is not visible outside the property and is secured behind a locked gate or other security device."
- Measure S required that any person under 18 who is at a dispensary to be a qualified patient and accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Final official results from the San Diego County elections office.
The question on the ballot:
This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
|Measure S: "Shall the ordinance permitting medical marijuana dispensaries of any size in any commercial, mixed use or industrial zones, setting regulations for their operation, and repealing the City's prohibition on medical marijuana dispensaries with more than three members be adopted?"|